Parental Leave Cover up to 12 Months, Work for an emergency service and positively impact the Victorian community, Bring your proven administrative and customer service skills.
Your new organisation
Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) is a modern fire and rescue service that meets the needs of twenty-first century Victoria. Established on 1 July 2020 as part of Victoria's Fire Services Reforms, FRV serves and protects communities across Melbourne and Victoria's major regional centres from 85 FRV fire and rescue stations across the state. Its career firefighters operate 47 fire stations in metropolitan Melbourne and 38 regional stations, most of which are co-located with CFA volunteer brigades. FRV proudly continues to work alongside the Country Fire Authority (CFA), which is a community-based volunteer fire service.
Your new role
The District Administration Support Officer will provide administrative support to the District Business Manager and Western District 2 Office. This position also assists in the coordination and administration of community events, marketing and projects undertaken by the districts.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide administration and program assistance to the District Business Manager and team, ensuring the administrative requirements are performed in an efficient and effective manner;
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients and stakeholders, including the drafting of correspondence and other communications;
- Conduct research, analysis, and investigation to support decision making requirements of the District;
- Maintain the reception desk and undertake reception duties including screening, greeting, and managing visitors, including adhering to security and hygiene protocols. Also coverage of the district phone and inbox;
- The procurement of stationery and consumables, and the maintenance of the district intranet site;
- Aid in the coordination and administration of community events, marketing activities and projects undertaken by the District;
- Provide coverage and support to other administration staff during absences.
What youll need to succeed
- CERT IV Business Administration or relevant work experience;
- MS Office -Word, Excel and Outlook;
Sound interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with team members, managers and external stakeholders;
Well-developed oral and written communication skills to obtain the cooperation of others to resolve administrative or operational issues;
Sound numeracy and analytical skills to understand; interpret and synthesise basic data and information;
Experience in organising work priorities to meet deadlines with a capacity to identify areas of improvement within the work area.
What youll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an emergency service provider that exists to serve, support and protect the community to which you belong, with the opportunity to make a significant impact to the way the fire service operates into the future.
You will work in a flexible environment where you will feel supported by an experienced, highly professional team. You will have the opportunity to work flexibly with access to benefits across salary packaging, health and fitness services, RDO system and professional development.
What you need to do now
Applications must include a cover letter and resume addressing the qualifications and work experience criteria listed in the Capability Profile of the Position Description.
Fire Rescue Victoria values and respects workplace diversity. We welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability and people who are diverse in gender and sexuality.