Exciting new role to make your own, Competitive salary, Great company culture.
About the role
OEM Group has an exciting opportunity for a newly created position of a Technical Business Development lead.
The position, based in our Ascot facilities, is to develop and create new opportunities focusing on our fabrication service line (access platforms, bespoke fabrication, asset management, etc.) specifically targeting the aviation, mining and other industries.
We are looking for someone hungry, positive and a great team player. We require a good understanding of the resource/energy industry as well as its HSE requirements. Experience in the aviation industry (Ground Support Equipment) is desirable and will help you be successful in the role.
Required background in Fabrication and manufacturing is a must with sales and engineering desired.
The role includes frequent travels in Perth Metro ++ to meet our clients as well as occasional interstates travels. The team is growing, please come and join us.
About OEM Group
OEM Group is a well-established, growing Australian company, with more than 40 years industry success and market leadership in the design, manufacturing, distribution, hire and servicing of products.
Our products include heavy duty pressure cleaners, custom design safety access platforms, wheel chocks & safety jacking stands, bespoke fabricated items, etc. We are the designers and fabricators of the Steprite, Jackrite and WestChocks patented brands and the exclusive WA distributor of Spitwater pressure cleaners (sales, hire, service).
To optimise the productivity of our clients partnering with superior products, service and design with safety at the forefront.
ABOUT THE JOB
Main responsibilities include:
Brand and Network:
- Strengthen OEM Groups brand in targeted sectors with a focus in the aviation industry for the first 6 months
- Promote bespoke fabrication and engineering projects throughout the Mining, Aviation, Transport, Industrial and O&G sectors
- Develop strong relationships and business networks with new and existing customers within the territory to maximize opportunities
Opportunities and Proposals / Quotes:
- Participate in Business Development and sales strategies and implement plans
- Bring opportunities to be converted into proposals
- Fully understand clients requirements, drivers and budgets
- Propose technical engineered solutions to clients issues
- Review quotations before issue to customers and comment as required
- Follow up quotations to convert into awards
- Follow up progress of orders to ensure clients needs and requirements are understood and met to their satisfaction
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrated ability to make connections, create efficiencies and leverage opportunities
- Excellent networking and relationship skills
- Energetic, engaging with a positive and pro-active attitude
- Capacity to work collaboratively and independently
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive remuneration
- A collaborative and professional environment
- A company who values their people
How to Apply
To apply, click on 'Apply Now' to complete your application and send through a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability and alignment for this role.
Applications close 9 AM, Wednesday 5 May 2021
Our recruitment and selection process includes a variety of assessment methods that will encompass psychometric testing, reference checks and verification of working rights in Australia. Preferred candidates may be required to return a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to an offer of employment being extended.
OEM Group is committed to diversity and an inclusive workplace.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only contact you personally if you are short-listed for an interview. OEM Group reserves the right to commence interview or withdraw the job vacancy at any time.