Do you want to use your bookkeeping skills to make a real difference
This is an exciting opportunity to drive real world outcomes for people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless and the community who passionately supports them.
Q Shelter, Queenslands Peak Body for Homelessness and Housing is currently recruiting for an Accounts Officer/Bookkeeper to join our passionate, high-performance team. Reporting to the Finance Officer, this part-time role will be based at our beautiful historic Brisbane office in Spring Hill, on the CBD fringe.
Who are we looking for
- You are agile and hold a strong attention to detail
- You are an exceptional communicator and team player
- You are a problem solver who finds creative ways to improve the world around you
- You are organised, self-driven and deliver on your commitments
- Purchase Order and Invoice processing
- Match supplier invoices with approved purchase orders, and query where amounts differ with the originator of the purchase order
- Maintain Purchase Order register
- Member Direct Debit processing
- Manage Accounts email
- Batching of payments via MYOB and upload to bank for approval
- Assist with Bank Reconciliations/Journals
- Assist with Payroll
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in MYOB, Excel and a good general computer literacy
- Payroll processing experience highly regarded
- Ability to prioritise deadlines and work autonomously as well as with the team (some work from home options available)
This is a 1 year part-time contract position, with good prospects for a longer term role. Initially, the successful candidate will work 22.8 hours per week, in a flexible work environment.
The role falls within the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award and is graded level 4.1 ($36.62 per hour, or $43,416 per annum, exclusive of superannuation and annual leave loading).
Q Shelter staff are expected to work within a culturally appropriate framework.
How to apply
Please do not use the Apply for this job button
The position description with key selection criteria is available on the Q Shelter website www.qshelter.asn.au/careers
Please submit a CV and a two-page letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
A criminal history check will be undertaken on the preferred candidate.
Q Shelter is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role. Q Shelter is currently developing an Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan to guide and strengthen our approach to inclusion of First Nations Peoples.
About Q Shelter
As a state-wide industry and peak body for the Queensland community housing and homelessness sector, Q Shelter is supported by a broad-based membership that includes community housing providers, specialist homelessness services, other not for profit and for profit organisations, as well as committed individuals.
For over thirty years, Q Shelter has worked with members, government, and the community to improve housing outcomes for vulnerable Queenslanders. Q Shelter partners with the Queensland State Government, including the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy, to engage with the sector in developing place-based person-centred housing and homelessness solutions.