Work with a NSW Peak body representing people with mental health issues, Actively participate in a fast growing NFP, Be part of an innovative and progressive organisation.
Are you passionate about effective communication and excited by the prospect of working for a peak body in the mental health sector
We are looking for an experienced Marketing and Communications Assistant to join our team.
Immediate start preferred. This is a fixed term contract for 6 months full time with possibility to extend.
BEING Mental Health Consumers is the independent, NSW peak organisation speaking with and for people with lived/living experience of mental health issues. Our primary focus is to ensure the voices of people living with mental health issues are heard by decision makers, service providers, and the community, and have an opportunity to lead and influence systemic change in services and systems.
BEING Mental Health Consumers is committed to human rights principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity, and believes that recovery is possible for all people who live with mental health issues and emotional distress.
With a long-standing history of 26 years of operation, BEING - Mental Health Consumers is expanding and growing a service provision portfolio, to support people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental health issues in their daily living, as well as support the expansion and growth of the lived experience workforce.
Our current programs include:
- BEING Leadership Academy
- BEING Suicide Support and Awareness Program
- BEING Lived Experience Network
- BEING Peer Workforce Network
About the role
Working with the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing and Communications Assistant is responsible for the provision of administrative support for the Marketing and Communications team and upholding brand guidelines for the broader organisation.
The role requires someone who is flexible and adaptive to the changing pace of the organisation and would suit someone with strong administration experience who in interested in expanding their existing skills in marketing and communications. The person will have exceptional attention to detail, be resourceful and approach their work with an innovative mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Manager, develop and maintain branded templates for use throughout the organisation
- Support the Marketing and Communications team to coordinate and execute the Marketing and Communications Strategy, in line with brand guidelines
- Ensure all communications and marketing materials produced adhere to brand guidelines
- Monitor and manage the Communications email inbox
- Monitor and facilitate internal and external Marketing and Communications requests
- Contribute to the production of BEING Mental Health Consumers materials, such as newsletters, articles, and other communications.
- Proofreading of documents such as reports, media releases, factsheets and marketing materials prior to external distribution
- Assist with the administration and coordination of external events, consultations and workshops
- Provide administrative and technical support with set up and hosting of webinars and online events
- Maintain image library
- Coordinate and maintain BEING Mental Health Consumers database of subscribers, media, communications and mental health sector contacts
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key internal stakeholders such as program managers
- Other duties as required.
You must address the Essential and Desirable Criteria in your application to be considered
- Tertiary qualifications, or previous vocational experience in Marketing, Communications, Media or Public Relations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong planning, organising and problem-solving skills in a workplace setting
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive, proactive and agile to the changing needs of the organisation and working within tight timeframes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including experience proofreading, editing and formatting documents
- Good knowledge of the principles of Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with varied stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated experience with project and campaign coordination
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- High level of computer literacy, including the use of MS Office suite Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams and particularly Excel
- Personal lived/living experience of mental health issues
- Knowledge of the mental health sector in NSW
- Experience with graphic design, Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite
How to Apply
Applications close on Sunday 9th May 2021 11:59pm. Immediate start preferred.
Applications which do not address the Essential Criteria will not be considered for the position.
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Australia to be eligible for this position.
BEING Mental Health Consumers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. This means we apply affirmative action strategies to the employment of people with personal lived/living experience of mental health issues.