About the company
The Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF) was established in 2007 under the Australian Government's National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS). Through a network of 8 Nodes, ANFF links CSIRO and 20 universities to provide researchers and industry with access to state-of-the-art micro and nano fabrication facilities.
ANFF owns and provides access to capabilities that can assist in both the development of new products, and improvements to current production methods. Each Node provides expertise in a specific area, including advanced materials, nanoelectronics & photonics and bio nano applications. The ANFF commitment to providing a world-class open access user facility is underpinned by the sharing of best practice in service provision across the network. See www.anff.org.au.
ANFF is in the early stages of implementing a new strategic direction and increasing our focus on fully leveraging our unique organisation to assist industry and economic outcomes. ANFF's strategy is split into 3 pillars, namely: Maintaining our position as a world class capability provider; Capturing the benefit of ANFF-enabled R&D; and Ensuring sovereign capability in advanced manufacturing. ANFF is targeting the Med tech, Space and Defence, and Energy sectors as those are identified as areas where ANFF plays a key role and has the most potential for impact.
To resource this mission the role of ANFF Partnership Officer has been developed. The primary purpose of this role is to create tangible impacts for businesses through interaction with the ANFF network. This role will be a key interface between ANFF and external stakeholders such as industry clients, industry organisations, economic development agencies and national representative bodies.
This role will be externally focussed to maximise the impact of ANFF's interaction with industry. Key to achieving this will be building strong relationships with our external stakeholders, facilitating the access of industry by improving the ANFF service offering, and matching research solutions to industrial problems.
The ANFF Partnering Officer will be responsible for the outreach into various areas of industry and the improvement of what ANFF provides to this sector. They will be responsible for addressing the knowledge gaps that exist in industry in relation to what ANFF is capable of, engaging with other organisations to form strategic alliances for the benefit of both organisations and ultimately the increased impact of ANFF on the Australian economy.
Reporting to the CEO and as a key member of the Executive Team, this position plays an active role in supporting ANFF's strategic goals and the continuation of its coherent and cooperative culture which supports outstanding performance and innovation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and build relationships with Industry, Small Business, TAFEs, Govt. organisations, Advisory Boards, Professional Associations, CRCs, NFPs etc. aligned to ANFF's strategic direction and industry focus areas.
- Lead the development of existing relationships with the opportunity for broader and deeper engagement, with a particular focus on industry projects to create impact.
- Support ANFF's engagement with various Federal and State-based investment schemes to foster industry partnering and commercialisation opportunities.
- Create a unified and aligned external engagement strategy.
- Develop and implement a program to connect and link industry leaders and industry partnering opportunities with relevant members of ANFF, and these should include the ANFF focus areas of Med tech, Space and Defence and Energy.
- Support partners with grant funding opportunities.
- Track, monitor and manage critical relationships and be the key liaison for enquiries regarding industry collaboration with the ANFF network.
- Develop effective and influential submissions, reports, business proposals, and high impact presentations as they relate to providing services to industry.
- Contribute to a work environment of continuous review and improvement of business practices, operational processes and service provision.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Completion of tertiary qualification and/or a postgraduate qualification or equivalent combinations of education, training and management experience.
- Demonstrated senior level commercial experience in implementing strategies to improve stakeholder and customer relationships and advocacy, ideally within a technical manufacturing sector.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to achieve collaborative results across a diverse organisation with extensive external stakeholders.
- Exceptional relationship building skills, able to establish and foster trust between parties, catalysing and facilitating long term, productive collaborations leading to deeper and broader engagement.
- A proactive approach, experience and record of achievement for strategic growth opportunities.
- Experience in Medtech, Space, Defence or Energy sectors will be highly regarded.
- Experience working in a complex and at times, difficult, stakeholder environment.
- High-level people management experience in leading geographically diverse teams to achieve consistently excellent results.
- Project Management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple technical projects.
- Prior experience in effectively challenging and influencing at senior levels, and being prepared to challenge the status quo.
- Possess high levels of drive, agility, integrity, and ethics.
- Knowledge of the higher education research-funding environment is desirable.
Other job-related information
- Interstate travel will be required.
- ANFF HQ is a distributed workgroup with staff currently in Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Overtime and out of hours work (including evenings, weekends and public holidays) may be required.
- There may be peak periods of work during which the taking of leave may be restricted.
- Location of position may be negotiated.
- This is a full-time position, but flexible arrangements can be considered.
Remuneration: An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant to reflect the senior level and high responsibilities of this position.
Applications close 9 May 2021.