Permanent, full time opportunity, Great team environment, Ascot, WA.
About the role
OEM Group has an exciting opportunity for a newly created position of a Fabrication Leading Hand.
The position, based in our Ascot facilities, provides coaching and mentorship to Fabrication employees in fabrication and welding techniques. The successful candidate must be able to identify when incorrect welding techniques are being used and willing to get on the tools when required.
Reporting to the Fabrication Manager, you will ensure all Fabrication projects meet the delivery schedules and are delivered to a high quality.
About OEM Group
OEM Group is a well-established, growing Australian company, with more than 40 years industry success and market leadership in the design, manufacturing, distribution, hire and servicing of products.
Our products include heavy duty pressure cleaners, custom design safety access platforms, wheel chocks & safety jacking stands, bespoke fabricated items, etc. We are the designers and fabricators of the Steprite, Jackrite and WestChocks patented brands and the exclusive WA distributor of Spitwater pressure cleaners (sales, hire, service).
To optimise the productivity of our clients partnering with superior products, service and design with safety at the forefront.
ABOUT THE JOB
Main responsibilities include:
- Ensure Fabrication employees maintain a safe workplace and ensure all OEM Groups OH&S practices are followed.
- Oversee the ordering and delivery of materials so that the team are not held up during the project construction stage.
- Ensure the Fabrication team has all the required information including fabrication drawings, job sheets and any other job specific information.
- Assist with the preparation of quotes (from time to time) to provide insight to the estimating department in relation to project design and estimate hours to complete.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Completion of Apprenticeship in Sheet Metal Fabrication and/or Boiler Making
- Workshop Leadership Cert IV (desirable).
- Strong organisational skills and time management working under pressure
- Must be able to coach and mentor Fabrication employees in fabrication and welding techniques when required.
- Be able to identify incorrect welding techniques and correct at the time of construction.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive remuneration
- A collaborative and professional environment
- A company who values their people
How to Apply
To apply, click on 'Apply Now' to complete your application and send through a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability and alignment for this role.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of this role in more detail, please contact Kelly Tufilli, HR Advisor at [email protected] [link removed].
Applications close 9 AM, Wednesday 5 May 2021
Our recruitment and selection process includes a variety of assessment methods that will encompass psychometric testing, reference checks and verification of working rights in Australia. Preferred candidates may be required to return a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to an offer of employment being extended.
OEM Group is committed to diversity and an inclusive workplace.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only contact you personally if you are short-listed for an interview. OEM Group reserves the right to commence interview or withdraw the job vacancy at any time.