World-class Agribusiness, Enjoy a rural lifestyle, Full-time position.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, seek an experienced Station Hand to join our operations at Roy Hill station in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the property
Covering over 900,000 acres the station has an average carrying capacity of 6,000 head of primarily Santa Gertrudis cattle. Roy Hill Station is situated in the Pilbara, the nearest town is Newman.
About the role
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Mustering cattle using bikes
- Attending to all facets of cattle husbandry and processing
- Carrying out general station maintenance and repairs - including fencing & welding
- Undertaking general vehicle & machinery operation and basic maintenance
- Assisting with land and environmental management practices
- Ongoing training will be provided.
To be successful, you will have
- Experience in the movement, handling and processing of cattle, using calm methods with the advantage of digitalised communication, improved weaner cradles, cattle crushes and yard shading
- Sound motorbike skills
- Fencing, stock water and general maintenance skills
- Competent operation of various station machinery/equipment and carry out basic maintenance
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely
- Good understanding of animal welfare practices
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (truck licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain)
- Hold a Motorbike Licence (preferred or be willing to obtain)
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment.
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.