Position: Contracts Operations Manager COM
Employer: Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation RAC
Location: Nhulunbuy & Yirrkala
Reporting Line: To the RAC CEO via the Commercial BD Manager
About the Organisation
Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation (RAC) is a renowned CATSI corporation with commercial subsidiaries created under the Corporations Act. As one of the largest Aboriginal corporations in Australia, the organisation is sophisticated and complex with extensive and growing commercial interests.
RAC subsidiaries include Rirratjingu Enterprises Pty Ltd, Bunuwal Investments Pty Ltd, Rirratjingu Mining Pty Ltd, and Rirratjingu Fuel. These subsidiaries are well established and successful businesses.
The Corporation is based in Yirrkala, an Indigenous community sitting in the Gove Peninsula in the East Arnhem Land Region of Australias Northern Territory.
RAC has set fifteen (15) key priorities as part of its current Strategic Plan.
Building wealth through commercial opportunities and investing towards a sustainable future sit within these key priorities and are fundamental to the future of the corporation.
RAC now has a requirement to seek the employment of a new member of the RAC team to support the progression of these priorities. This position will work with the team to facilitate and manage the implementation of various business and property opportunities that RAC currently has under way.
These opportunities include:
- Securing and managing long term multi-million dollar commercial contracts;
- Administration of significant residential and commercial properties along with new property developments and refurbishments;
- Working with the Rirratjingu Mining Pty Ltd team and contracted Quarry Manager to maximise the quarry opportunity for the benefit of RAC;
- Working with RAC as part of its planned infrastructure development program to Make Yirrkala Great Again.
Team Organisation & Reporting Structure:
The COM is to work as part of the BD Management Team reporting to and working directly with the RAC Commercial BD Manager with accountability to the RAC CEO.
The COM will have under their supervision the RAC General Maintenance Supervisor who is also responsible for managing and supervising the RAC General Labourers team.
The COM will be required to work in conjunction with and support the function of the RAC Senior Finance & Quarry Officer.
Experience Background Requirements:
The COM must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Senior management experience demonstrated over a satisfactory period;
- A strong background in contract management including: tender review and preparation;
- clear understanding of job costing and accountability of actual against tendered expectations;
- ability to work hands on with the required technology and financial reporting requirements;
- demonstrated ability to work with both clients and contractors of RAC in order to identify and resolve issues as and when they arise;
- Demonstrate an ability to both work with a team as well as manage those team members who are responsible to the COM;
- Ability to engage and develop the skills of RACs indigenous team of workers;
- High level written and verbal communication skills together with an ability to build and maintain strong positive relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk and drive stakeholder satisfaction and engagement;
- History of remote area working and ability to communicate cross culturally.
RAC offer an excellent range of benefits Including:
- An attractive grossed up remuneration package that will include base salary, superannuation, housing, vehicle and certain other allowances;
- Opportunity to really make a difference and as part of the RAC team to secure the long-term future for the Rirratjingu people.
Please note, the position will be required to reside in Gove.
Applications close COB Friday, 14th May 2021.