Executive Assistant to Commissioner
- Great opportunity to support the Head of the agency responsible for helping communities to recover from disasters
- Ongoing, Full time role. Haymarket location but will be relocating to Olympic Park later in the year
- Clerk Grade 7/8 ($97,443 - $107,864) plus employers contribution to superannuation
About the Agency
Resilience NSW is a new Executive Agency in the Premier and Cabinet cluster, established in May 2020, to transform the whole of government approach to disaster management in NSW. Resilience NSW leads and coordinates disaster prevention, management and recovery learning from experience to drive strategies and investment to reduce risk, build resilience of NSW communities, and give confidence to our communities to live, work and invest in NSW.
Resilience NSW keeps people and communities at the heart of everything it does. By leading a whole of government approach to disaster recovery and resilience, we ensure that people are cared for, acknowledged and empowered so that all NSW communities are better prepared for and supported on their journey of recovery from any crisis or disaster event
About the role
This newly created position reports to the Commissioner of Resilience NSW and the Director, Office of the Commissioner and provides executive, secretariat and project support services including managing communications, engagements and diary commitments. This role is pivotal in providing executive level support, being the point of contact for the Commissioner, liaising with stakeholders and coordinating requests, actions and responses.
Key responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Assessing and prioritising requests to facilitate optimal use of the Commissioners time
- Preparing, managing and reviewing communications and correspondence including briefings, reports and submissions to ensure the comprehensiveness, accuracy and timeliness of written information
- Coordinating ad-hoc projects on the Commissioners behalf, in consultation with the Director, Office of the Commissioner
- Collaborating with Executives to identify emerging and high priority organisational issues that require consideration by the Commissioner
- Developing and managing key relationships, including with Ministers Offices, the Resilience NSW Executive Leadership team and across Government agencies
- Providing leadership and guidance to the executive support team to maximise the effectiveness of the support functions across the agency.
Youll bring energy and drive to the team that will support the agencys Executive Leadership team. The successful applicant will demonstrate;
- Previous experience providing high level executive support and assistance services
- An ability to maintain a high level of personal motivation and drive to deliver results
- An ability and a willingness to travel within NSW and/or support operational roles during disasters, emergencies and other events, subject to skills, background and personal circumstances
For more details about this role, please click here to view the role description.
Closing date: Sunday 9 May 2021 11:59 PM
A talent poolmay be created for future ongoing and temporary rolesand is valid for a period of up to 18 months.
Great people come from all walks of life. At Resilience NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which reflects the community and customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background or sexual orientation
How to Apply
Please apply online and attach your up to date resume and 1-2-page cover letter which outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.