Fantastic Multi-Media Officer role on the Northern Beaches -Belrose, Work for an iconic organisation, Salary Packaging available.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the states primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 76,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
SLSNSW is seeking applications for the position of Multi-Media Officer within our Communications and Engagement department.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented communicator with a passion for finding and telling stories and creating engaging content in all forms.
This position will be integral to the sourcing and generating of engaging video and written content for SLSNSWs print, online and social media platforms, servicing all areas of the organisation. The role supports media activities which strengthen the profile of SLSNSW with members, partners, government and the community.
- Source and generate engaging content to deliver through the SLSNSWs online, print and social channels;
- Shoot and edit video content;
- Prepare editorial content and media releases;
- Upload content to websites or distribution platforms;
- Handle media enquiries, coordinate responses and collate information for media;
- Coordinate media events, launches, photo opportunities, including coordinating volunteers;
- Engage with volunteers in developing and dealing with responses to incidents, activities and events;
- Provide general communications support within the department.
You might be a keen University graduate with a passion for story-telling, or someone who has been working in a similar role and wants to expand their skills in video production or content creation.
The Multi-Media Officer will benefit from working within a high performing, responsive and agile team environment where multi-skilling is key to success.
You will have the opportunity to showcase your writing and digital skills in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and experience:
- A relevant degree in Communications, Media, Journalism, Digital Media or other relevant study
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience in a similar role with exposure to media and content production
- Basic shooting, video editing and production skills
- Solid writing/journalistic skills
- Demonstrated experience producing content for online and print environments
- Sound use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Sound organisational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and produce content quickly
- Be organised, flexible with a positive and collaborative approach to working within a team
- An understanding of Surf Life Saving
Consistent with the nature of volunteer community or sporting organisations, the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to work on weekends and outside office hours at times to fulfil the requirements of this position.
SLSNSW is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. The successful candidate for this role will be required to undertake a working with children check.
- Generous salary packaging options
- Work for an iconic, highly respected organisation with a passionate, committed teams
Position: Full time
Closing date for applications: 10th May2021