Opportunity to work within a fast paced, dynamic team, Work in an outdoor environment where no two days are the same, Access to salary packaging.
Workpower is WA's second largest disability service provider. We provide an extensive range of support services and programs for people with disability, people with mental illness, their families and carers.
Our Property Services are the grounds, landscape, and infrastructure maintenance experts. Our range of commercial property care solutions includes grounds maintenance, lawn and garden care.
We work with a wide variety of customers, including local governments, businesses, schools, and property owners.
About the Role
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated Horticultural Technician to join our team. This role will assist in the implementation of bushland maintenance projects and commercial property care projects.
The Horticultural Technician will work closely with the Manager to undertake property care/bushland maintenance activities to the satisfaction of customers, including local governments, businesses, schools, and property owners.
This is a full time position based out of our Midvale site, working hours are 6:30am 2:30 pm Monday to Friday.
Duties include but not limited to;
- Weed control via herbicide application
- Lawn care maintenance including mowing and edging of all grassed areas, slashing of grassed areas
- Landscape implementation and/or maintenance
- Environmental/bushland maintenance
- Plan and implementation commercial activities to meet business objectives
- Maintaining effective customer relationships
- Suitable experience in a similar horticultural role
- Previous environmental weed control experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of safe working practices
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience effectively liaising with staff and external stakeholders
- The ability to multitask and manage a busy schedule
- Current pesticide licence through Dept of Health
- Current drivers licence C class
- White Card
- Police Clearance (less than 30 days old)
- Completion of NDIS Worker Orientation module
How to apply
If you would like more information about the role, please contact the Manager, Kevin O'Leary between the hours of 8.30am - 2.30pm.
Applications Close - Friday 23rd April 2021