Fodder Link Business Development Manager - Junior and Senior roles available
- Generous salary and Commission structure
- Develop significant, new marketing initiatives
- Work with livestock feeders and other agricultural producers, so looking for someone with an affinity for agriculture
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows and grow your expertise
Fodder Link was established in 2015 and is a growing agricultural business founded on the premise of providing fodder users with quality inspected, graded, and feed tested product year-round, guaranteed. Our dynamic team manages both ends of the supply-chain from sourcing, delivery, and payments. Our priority to build relationships with our customers built on mutual trust ensuring expectations are not just met but surpassed.
About The Role:
We are looking to employ two (one junior and one senior) high-achieving BDM to develop and manage relationships with our feedlot, grazier, stud and dairy customers - and increase sales growth throughout rural Australia. Reporting to the Managing Director, youll be an innovative self-starter with two key focus areas. Firstly, youll work with Fodder Link customer to understand their needs and supply tailed quotes to suit; help win tenders for feedlot and station supply agreements; and enhance Fodder Links goal of being the nationally preferred roughage supplier. To do this successfully youll have to have an affinity for agriculture and an understanding of customers individual needs.
Secondly, youll be promoting Fodder Link with within the nationwide agricultural community. As the face of the organisation, you will use your sales expertise to actively promote our products with a specific focus on new business. Your product range will continue to grow and Fodder Link expands into new commodities. You will be required to travel to visit customers at time and attend industry events.
Note this is not a role for an industry hack. We are looking for someone with integrity and excellent communication skills who can create positive, long-lasting relationships that deliver excellent business outcomes. Youll also need some sales administration skills as communicate effectively with supplier, customers and team members to ensure all sales run smoothly from start to finish.
As an employer we pride ourselves on our positive culture and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. You may be in an existing sales role looking for a position that better suits your lifestyle, or you may be working as BDM looking to transfer to an organisation with more potential. Regardless of circumstances, this is a fantastic opportunity for those who have excelled in the past and are looking for a satisfying role, with increased flexibility and autonomy. This role will involve both working from home, traveling to meet customers, attending industry events and monthly visits to regional office.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Proven success at building relationships and demonstrated long-term sales achievement in a BDM role, in any industry.
- An affinity for agriculture, and the ability to relate well to livestock feeder and agricultural producers.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A demonstrated commitment to continual improvement and learning.
- Compete a police check
- Be target motivated and committed to see the sales process through
- Available to travel to meet customers and visit regional Fodder link offices for sales meeting and training as required
- Self starter capable of working efficiently independently
If you are someone who thrives on sales and is looking to be a valuable member of a fast-growing company, please email your CV and cover letter .