Our client has been in business for 105+ years and is one of Australia's most diversely skilled construction businesses. From early Brisbane beginnings, the company has grown into a dynamic and diverse construction company, delivering sophisticated projects across a comprehensive portfolio.
As Australia's largest privately-owned construction company, the business capability and complexity is well beyond that of a ‘Mum and Dad’ builder, but their core values remain very much embedded in the idea of investing in relationships, taking care of each other and the community, and working towards a common goal. Our client prides themselves on working with their clients as a true construction partner. Due to a large pipeline of upcoming projects to be tendered in their Townsville office, a need has arisen for a Site Foreman to join the team and drive future business growth.
The Site Foreman reports to the Team Leader and is accountable for proactively managing and providing leadership on projects including subcontractor management, personnel management and materials to achieve quality client solutions and meet project objectives. This role liaises with project stakeholders; clients, engineers, architects, sub-contractors and planning/regulatory bodies.
What the Role Is:
- Work with other site team members to ensure project objectives and targets are achieved
- Manage subcontractor workforce to meet construction program targets
- Monitor site material and plant costs to ensure that project financial targets are met
- Organise work to ensure continuous commitment, attitude and culture by site team members in compliance with Hutchinson Builders project specific management plans and project construction programme
- Work closely with the health and safety team in ensuring that safe work practices are being maintained and promote the commitment to working safely and provide information, instructions and supervision to workers on the project for all HSEQ matters
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with the correct construction techniques, Hutchinson Builders Quality Manual and authority expectations
- Ensuring that the latest revisions of contract documents (including construction drawings and schedules) listed in the Drawing Register are in use and all previous issues and revisions are either removed from the system or clearly identified as being obsolete
- Ensure site personnel are aware of their environmental, health & safety obligations
- Monitor all subcontractors to ensure they are utilising current construction documentation including but not limited to drawings, programme and specifications
What Skills You Need to Have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role (R)
- Proficiency in site management with excellent planning and organisational skills and the enthusiasm to keep on building those skills (R)
- Demonstrated work history in similar role within the construction industry including experience working with commercial building sub-contractors (R)
- Team management skills (R)
- Proven work history with Tier 2 construction companies (D)
- Ability to respond quickly to change and adapt a flexible / innovative approach to problems and opportunities (R)
- Excellent communication, coordination and time management skills (R)
- Attention to detail is absolute key in succeeding in this role (R)
- Willingness to show initiative and be a positive "team player" who works cooperatively with all (R)
- Basic level of computer literacy within Excel, Word and Outlook (R)
To be considered for this role, in addition to possessing the competencies outlined above, you must be:
- available and keen to travel within Australia, generally QLD for remote work
- strongly committed to understanding & meeting client requirements
- a self-starter who is adaptable and works well within a changing environment
- comfortable assisting with all tasks as required
- a confident individual with plenty of initiative who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and 'get stuck in'
- possess a pro-active approach with the ability to build and nurture relationships
- able to work to deadlines with excellent organisational skills
- have a high level of attention to detail and a positive attitude to seek and develop solutions.
The position is permanent, in a full-time capacity.
An immediate start is available. It is expected the successful candidate will live in the local Townsville and surrounds region.
Hutchinson Builders offers:
- A competitive remuneration package
- A supportive team environment
- Employee Assistance Program
Remuneration will be $ $110k per annum on commencement, plus Superannuation & Vehicle (including fleet card for fuel and maintenance).
There is also an annual Performance Bonus.
Applications close Sunday 25 April 2021