ABOUT US/ POSITION DESCRIPTION
We are a small Boutique Accounting Practice offering complete accounting and tax solutions for small to medium sized businesses, self-managed superannuation funds and individuals. We provide tailored solutions to all our clients to meet with their specific needs. Our focus is on developing and providing personalised one-on-one client relationships to enable our clients to achieve the ultimate business and financial goals, have peace of mind, and a great work/life balance.
Our diverse client base covers a range of industries from small to medium sized business with all manner of structures, from straight forward to the more complex groups.
We provide business services, taxation advice and a range of accounting services to our clients with a focus on Business Advisory work.
We are seeking a highly motivated, professional and customer focused person to join our small supportive team. Ideally suitable for a Graduate or Junior Accountant, who is able to commence employment immediately. Stand-out applications from students completing their final year of tertiary studies will also be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
It is essential you have good technical skills, computer skills, communications skills and inter personal skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
This position will suit a confident and personable self-starter looking to begin their career in a successful, public practice firm. You will have access to exciting opportunities to grow and develop your technical and professional skills. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for a start in an accounting role who is motivated to help drive growth and innovation for our business.
Prior experience in an Accounting role is not required but is desirable.
You will work closely with the Director who will set your duties/jobs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Tax Returns for Individuals, Companies, Trusts, Partnerships and SMSFs using Xero Tax
- Preparation of Financial Statements for presentation to clients, management, shareholders, and governing bodies
- Preparation of BAS/IAS
- Liaise with ATO, ASIC, and other regulatory bodies
- General Bookkeeping using XERO and MYOB
- Manage workflow and perform work for clients within expected timeframes
- Supporting more senior staff
The successful applicant, ideally, will have recently completed a relevant tertiary degree, and must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- The Willingness & enthusiasm to learn new processes & systems
- Excellent time management skills
- A good understanding of general accounting principles and Australian Tax Law
- A proactive, client-focused attitude
- Can follow documented procedures (extra points for improving them!)
- Positive, confident, and can-do attitude
- A sense of humour
- Great communication and interpersonal skills