About the role
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Perth office as a Client/ Office Services Assistant. This is a unique opportunity to experience front and back of house operations in a global law firm. The role is part-time, working 8am to 2pm, Monday to Friday.
Based on St Georges Terrace in the Perth CBD, this role plays a vital part in representing our brand and shaping our clients experience with the firm. The role requires an individual who is able to communicate with clients and staff while working in a close knit team with the ability to work autonomously at times.
What does the role involve
- Greeting guests of the firm at reception
- Handling incoming calls to the main switchboard, taking and passing on messages
- Assisting with the booking, planning, organisation and running of meetings and events including catering
- Assist with meeting room set ups and resets for events / workshops
- Attending to meeting rooms on the client floor and providing beverages
- Maintaining and restocking of kitchens and maintaining general office cleanliness
- Book and monitor outgoing couriers
- Scanning, photocopying, binding and laminating
- Sorting and distribution of internal mail
- Restocking and ordering stationary supplies and printer consumables
- Conducting COVID-19 procedures for all visitors to the Perth office
As the face of the firm you will be a brand ambassador possessing impeccable presentation with a strong emphasis on corporate attire to reflect the firms' high calibre client service ethos. In addition, you will adopt a professional demeanour to clients both internal and external to the firm at all times.
We are looking for a likeminded individual who is able to work collaboratively in a team to get things done. You should be able to work efficiently and use your initiative, as well as being proactive in your approach to tasks and showing exemplary attention to detail. Experience working with Microsoft Word and Outlook is desirable.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a customer service/reception-focused role, ideally in a corporate environment.
Candidates from a travel, tourism or hospitality background are encouraged to apply.
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, K&L Gates promotes equal opportunities for women and men to progress in their careers.
- Professional development programs
- 14 weeks paid parental leave regardless of gender
- Salary continuance insurance
The firm’s Australian operations provide vast knowledge of the Australian legal marketplace across a wide spectrum of industries. With lawyers located in four established offices in Australia’s leading financial and commercial centres and possessing substantial experience, K&L Gates acts for industry leaders, major corporations, capital markets participants, major financial institutions, and governments on ground-breaking legal transactions, both domestically and internationally.
K&L Gates is a global community of entrepreneurs and self-starters. We are focused on innovation, collaboration, and are constantly striving for excellence in our client service and culture. We know that our firm is only as strong as the collective efforts of our people. By experiencing K&L Gates, you will thrive in a dynamic legal landscape where we invest in your career path and talent development. With a global presence and lawyers with top-tier skills in a multitude of practice areas, K&L Gates is truly a one-of-a-kind firm at which to grow your career.
Do you like what you see
Referrals from agencies not accepted at this time.
K&L Gates reserve the right to close advertising earlier at our discretion.
K&L Gates is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of those with a disability. We welcome applications from people who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse background.