Great Roster - 7 shifts on and 7 shifts off, Great Location - 1.5 hours from Perth or the coast, Live locally or stay in our Village for your swing.
At Newmont Boddington Gold, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. We pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. We are one of the largest gold producers in Australia and will soon be the Worlds First Open Pit Gold Autonomous Haulage operation.
- We offer you an industry competitive remuneration package inclusive of an Annual Bonus and Gold Level Health Insurance for you and your family, access to Newmonts Employee Assistance Program, generous Parental Leave and other Employee Rewards and Benefits.
- You can live locally and go home every day or stay in our Village for your roster and DIDO. Were located approximately an hour from the coast and Perth.
- Working 7 days on, 7 days off, 7 nights on and 7 days off you will have plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this roster can offer you.
About The Role
Reporting to the Open Pit Supervisor, you will operate the rockbreaker in a safe, effective and efficient manner to meet operational requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to, and participating in a flexible and motivated production crew, committed to the achievement of quality safe production goals.
- Operating the rockbreaker to ensure optimum productivity in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operating other mining equipment if required.
- Ensuring all equipment is safe to operate by:
- Reporting and recording all faults or problems
- Completing pre-start and start-up checks as per training manual
- Cab housekeeping
- Completion of daily check sheet
- Following safe operating procedures and monitoring gauges and operating systems
- Following park up and shutdown as per training manual
- Maintaining awareness of any hazard or potential hazard on roads and benches and report.
- Observing all speed limits and pit road rules and signs.
- Boarding and disembarking as per training manual.
- Calling up and gaining acknowledgement when passing machines.
As the preferred candidate you will have previous experience operating rockbreakers and other heavy earthmoving equipment together with the associated certificates of competency. You will have a current drivers licence and experience operating in large hard rock open cut mines.
You will demonstrate your commitment to safety and use your experience and judgement to ensure yourself and your workmates stay safe. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity together with your positive mind set in dealing with work and people will be highly regarded.
Applications close on Sunday, 2 May 2021.
Our Values & Culture
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.