Be part of a global team helping to change the lives of millions of children, Work on the leading edge of innovation in the not for profit sector, Drive business model and technology enabled transformation.
This is no ordinary opportunity.
Our Innovation Manager will be part of a global team helping to change the lives of millions of children around the world.
As a specialist leader within Save the Children Australia and its social enterprise Library For All, you'll create positive impact by enabling both organisations to drive business model and technology enabled transformation. You'll support both organisation's senior leaders with developing innovation strategy, driving the development and delivery of projects, and you'll be a key part of realising our shared ambition to operate at the leading edge of innovation leadership in the not for profit sector.
We've already changed the lives of millions of children globally, and with your help we can grow our impact to millions more in the coming years.
Together, we are no ordinary not for profit.
Save the Children Australia is ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children's rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there's a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict - we are there on the ground.
Library For All has a mission to make knowledge accessible to all equally. We have a proud history of using technology to disrupt traditional publishing models, and we leverage technology and innovation in our everyday work to improve educational outcomes for children around the world. As a trusted partner to many of the world's leading development agencies, we're laser focused on scaling our impact to create measurable change for millions more children.
Where you come in:
In this full-time permanent position based in Melbourne and reporting to the Director of Strategy & Transformation at Save the Children Australia you'll have two key focus areas. You'll act as a 'servant leader' to Save the Children Australia's key stakeholders to support the development and delivery of innovation across its group of entities, and at the same time you'll work directly with Library For All's Senior Leadership Team to advance its mission to create technology enabled education tools to improve learning outcomes for 20 million of the worlds most disadvantaged children by 2030.
Specifically, you will make an impact by:
- Identifying, developing and executing high-impact innovation strategies and roadmaps aligned to strategic organisational goals and growth priorities
- Leading the development of business cases
- Ensuring timely, successful market realisation of innovation initiatives
- Leading early stage innovation initiatives as Project Manager
- Building and growing innovation capabilities across the organisation
- Establishing clear processes for innovation at Save the Children Australia including innovation funding processes and generating ideas, creating prototypes and producing them
- Assessing peers and maintaining overall eco-system awareness including promoting innovation and discussion by creating best practice case studies, strategic trends and thought pieces from within and outside the sector.
Does this sound like you
You have an entrepreneurial nature with an insatiable curiosity and hunger to learn. You're comfortable working across a spectrum of operational states from start-up to global enterprise, you thrive in uncertainty, and you enjoy navigating complex challenges using a problem solving approach that is both analytical and empathetic. You have extensive experience gaining insights into technology and business models in a number of industries and can bring that omniscience to any given context. You are both a strong coach who can supports organisational leaders to develop business cases that have considered risk/reward approaches and set the parameters for timely, successful market realisation of initiatives, and an action-oriented project manager who is comfortable delivering key innovation initiatives.
This role requires:
- Strong understanding of significant aspects of technologies and business models
- Experience defining a culture of innovation and driving strong organisational revenue/impact growth through innovation
- Demonstrated strategic and operational planning skills
- Proven experience in change management and high levels of personal resilience
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit - driven to get things done, being analytical without being overanalytical
- Insatiable curiosity and hunger to learn
Working with us is more than just a job.
It's the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to working at the leading edge of innovation in the not for profit sector, alongside a team of highly engaged professionals, you will have access to:
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Internal employment and development opportunities within Library For All and Save the Children Australia
- Friendly and highly flexible work environment
- Agile work environment including working from home and flexible hours
- Competitive salary + superannuation
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
For more information about Save the Children's employee benefits, click this link.
To read about Library For All's unique culture, click this link.
We'd love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the 'Apply' section below.
Applications close 4:00pm Thursday 29th April 2021
Position Description - Innovation Manager
*While COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are in place, this role works remotely (i.e. from home or an alternative location). Once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, the role will be based in our office in Carlton, Melbourne.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to undergo a psychometric assessment to help us determine your suitability for the role.
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society - in ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, disability, cultures and beliefs - and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work. We encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check (where necessary), and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Save the Children Australia supports the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. If you are successful in your application, we will request consent to access HR held information pertaining to your last 5 years of employment. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.