- Well established Geelong Family Business located in Moolap
- Opportunity to build your skills with training offered
- Work with large clients such as Barwon Water, V Line and City of Greater Geelong
DA Beretta has been built on a strong values-based foundation with a commitment to:
- Providing a professional, reliable and quality service
- Ensuring the health and safety of all staff, clients, contractors and visitors
- Protecting the environment by minimising our impact, disruption and waste
- Engaging in transparent and clear communication so that our projects run smoothly and on time.
As a locally owned family business, we are a trusted name in the industry. From our humble beginnings in 1959, we have grown to become the go to company behind some of the most complex projects in the Geelong/ Surf Coast & Otway Regions. As a contractor of choice for government agencies, commercial and industrial companies, we bring extensive experience and expertise to projects large and small.
We specialise in providing cutting-edge equipment and machinery which enables us to complete projects efficiently with minimal environmental impact. Every member of the team has professional certification, engages in the ongoing professional development, sharing our commitment to quality and safety.
As we continue to grow, this role will be a key member of the team with the opportunity to build a long-term career in the industry.
Based in Geelong, you may also work on projects around the region including Bellarine Peninsula, Surfcoast, Colac Otway, and the Western Districts of Victoria.
The responsibilities will include:
- Day to day plumbing activities for a variety of large and small construction projects including sewer works, storm drainage, gas fitting, roadworks, pipe laying and water mains
- Working with a wide range of specialised equipment including Pneumatic Under Road Boring Equipment, Guided Directional Drilling Rigs, Commercial High Pressure Drain Cleaning Equipment, Accoustic Leak Location Equipment, Poly Welding/Fusion Equipment, Hydro Vacuum Tankers, Directional Drills, CCTV Cameras, Excavators, Backhoes, Skid Steers and Tip Trucks
- Liaising with clients, site managers and subcontractors to ensure clear communication and exceptional customer service
- Completing all work to the highest quality standards while ensuring excellent compliance with all aspects of occupational health and safety and environmental standards and all clients requirements
What you bring
A registered plumber, you will have at least 5 years demonstrated commercial and civil plumbing experience with an ability to read and interpret drawing, architectural plans and specifications.
You must have a current Drivers License and Construction Induction Card (OHS White/Red Card), and it is highly desirable that you have some (or all) of the following:
- Gas Registration/ License
- Truck License (HR or MC) and/or Excavator/Plant Operator Ticket
- Confined Spaces Entry Training
- First Aid
- Height Safety Ticket
- Backflow Testing Accreditation
- Rail track Safety Accreditation
You will have experience working in a team environment with a willingness to learn and a commitment to developing your skills in the industry. You will also need good computer literacy and have excellent attention to detail.
With a strong focus on quality and occupational health and safety, you have a desire to work hard and build a career with a growing business.
What we offer
A full-time position of 38 hours per week, with overtime on offer during peak periods, a competitive salary is available in line with your skills and experience. There may also be the opportunity to on an on-call roster to allow us to service the needs of larger customer after hours.
We offer a supportive environment with a commitment to developing our staff where hard-work and performance are recognised and rewarded. If you are committed to obtaining more qualifications or certifications, we will provide the opportunity for you to achieve this.