Brand new, modern air conditioned facility, Excellent salary + bonuses / car allowance, Work within main industry sectors - Aerospace, Defence, Mining, Medical.
Applications Engineer / CNC Machinist
Toolprocure is one of Australia's leading Cutting Tool specialists supplying and manufacturing a wide range of Precision Engineering products to the Aerospace, Defence, Mining, Medical and General engineering industries. Toolprocure is located in the Northern suburbs and prides itself on its modern, state-of-the art airconditioned facility using some of the latest operating systems and CNC equipment.
We are currently seeking a qualified CNC machinist to join our growing team, to assist with setting and programming of our new CNC equipment and to service an existing customer database with tooling
About the role
This exciting opportunity will provide the best of both worlds utilising your hands on CNC machining (milling/turning) experience together with a business-business role dealing with customers and suppliers, quoting, ordering, some project management and on-site customer service.
Tasks typically involve:
- CNC Programming / Machining;
- CAD / CAM assistance;
- Assisting customers in CNC cutting tool selections (full training provided);
- Servicing an existing customer base through on-site visits and follow up phone calls (full training provided)
- Product quoting, sourcing, negotiating pricing, and sales (full training provided);
- Maintaining and updating existing customer data base (full training provided);
- Develop new customer relationships;
- Supporting the sales team;
The suitable candidate must have:
- CNC machining experience
- Some CAD / CAM experience
- Strong communication skills
- Good presentation
- Be happy to work with people and a desire to learn and progress in the industry
- Excellent phone/personal customer skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- A self-motivated attitude and able to work autonomously or within a team
This full-time position offers good flexibility with a wide-range of job functions ensuring it will be challenging yet rewarding within a growing company. We have a friendly and professional work environment with modern technology, advanced machinery and opportunities for the right candidate to advance their career.
Minimum level of experience required for this position is to be trade qualified and have programmed either CNC lathes or mills. Full on the job training will be provided for other parts of the role.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to take the next step in you career, click apply and follow the application process.
- All applications remain strictly confidential
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Evidence of your Right to Work in Australia will be requested.
- No agencies please.