Harvest Road Group is part of Tattarang, one of Australias largest private investment groups. We are an agricultural business with a growing portfolio of fine food brands for domestic and international markets, exporting to over 40 countries. From our 100 years of heritage in beef, to delivering innovative seafood products, our team is spread across the whole of WA working to bring sustainably sourced and ethically raised products to the plates of our customers.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a driven and enthusiastic individual ready to take on a sales cadetship into our growing Harvest Road Beef Sales team. Through the cadetship structure you will gain practical on-the job experience and formal training across multiple aspects of the Harvest Road Beef business. You will get the opportunity to travel and train in the beautiful country town of Harvey, learning the ins and outs of the business including processing, logistics, product identification, quality assurance checks and more.
After your training you will become part of the Harvest Road Beef Sales team focussed on delivering superior sales experiences to business clients in international markets. The sales office is in the iconic Swan Brewing Co. building here in Perth. Ultimately, you will have a long-term career orientated around Harvest Road Beef with a greater appreciation and understanding for the brand we have built.
This is a great entry level opportunity for anyone who has recently graduated, has a passion for sales and/or is ready to start or grow their career in agribusiness!
You will be driven by seizing opportunities as they arise, as well as creating them through building professional relationships, providing outstanding customer service and having a high level of integrity.
Key Responsibilities of the role are (but not limited to):
- Structured learning of documentation and logistics for export and domestic beef sales
- Understanding all aspects of beef product identification, processing, and packaging.
- Review of market demand, including product format to facilitate increased sales.
- Support Harvest Road Beef sales team responding to customer inquiries.
- Work in the sales team to learn sales techniques.
- Assist with sales reporting and data analysis.
- Share customer feedback, opportunities with the sales and marketing teams.
- Maintain customer/client database for domestic & export sales.
What we are looking for:
- Career orientated mindset
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills.
- Good business acumen and analytical skills
- Adaptability and comfortability working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong service-orientation and responsiveness to internal and external customers
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Work and Outlook)
- Current Drivers License
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in international business, marketing, commerce, or equivalent/relevant field)
- Sales experience particularly with agriproducts or food will be highly regarded
- Fluent written and spoken English skills
- High spoken and written proficiency in an Asian language (Chinese, Japanese, Korean preferred) will be advantageous
Whats in it for you
The business endeavours to provide a safe, encouraging and family-oriented work environment to all staff, to ensure you have the necessary support to achieve your best results. We are constantly evolving, with long-term career opportunities available for successful candidates with the right attitude.
Harvest Road embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.