At Sydney Trains our vision is to keep Sydney moving by putting the customer at the centre of everything we do. We work at the heart of local communities and integrate cutting edge technology to deliver efficient rail services which exceed expectations and support a rapidly growing economy.
ABOUT NETWORK MAINTENANCE
Network Maintenance is one of seven divisions within the Engineering and Maintenance directorate. Our work is vital to keeping Sydney moving as we deliver routine maintenance on the railways track, civil, signal, electrical and control system assets and co-ordinate infrastructure incident response.
The Reliability Engineer is responsible to deliver benefits through a number of projects including the introduction of new technologies, process changes and other strategic performance improvement initiatives across Maintenance and Operations while working with OEMs and suppliers on life cycle costing and predictive maintenance opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL BE INVOLVED IN
- Fault reporting, trend analysis and incident Root Cause Analysis
- Research and review of new and emerging railway technologies that can be implemented at Sydney Trains to improve reliability
- Mapping and analysing current processes for performance improvement opportunities
- Championing the implementation of infrastructure reliability and performance initiatives across the organisation
- Streamlining works and setting priorities for the business
- Coaching and mentoring of staff to improve maintenance and reliability outcomes for Sydney Trains
- Close engagement with Sydney Trains Executives
WANT TO KNOW MORE
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
- You will be a tertiary (Engineering) qualified individual with proven track record of the application of root cause analysis through to the implementation of outcomes and continuous monitoring of these to ensure benefits are delivered
- Demonstrated experience in Reliability engineering from a heavy engineering background, (Rail, Oil & Gas, Mining, Defence etc)
- Somebody who lives and breathes Reliability engineering
- Competent in or be working towards Lean Six Sigma Accreditation issued by a recognised Accredited Supplier is highly desirable
- Experience in the measurement, statistical modelling, analysis and reporting of infrastructure reliability
- Experience using software such as Tableau, Python Pandas, R, MATLAB, JMP, Minitab or equivalent
Most importantly youre self-motivated and proactive and will have the confidence to make sound decisions and propose changes. In addition to your technical expertise, you must also demonstrate excellent relationship management and collaboration skills as you will work closely with various stakeholders including Sydney Trains Executive Leaders.
Sydney Trains offers its employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and work-life balance. Other benefits include:
- Free travel on Government trains, buses and ferries
- Flexible work practices
Join Sydney Trains for the opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference for the people of NSW by providing a world class rail system.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Sydney Trains is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
We recognise the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
Click on the APPLY button below.
Applications close: Friday 30th April 2021
To be considered for these roles you must be 18 years of age. Applicants will need to complete merit based selection activities and will be subject to satisfactory medical, drug & alcohol and criminal record checks as part of the selection process. Please note that an eligibility list may be created for this position, and position(s) of the same classification that subsequently become vacant may be filled using this eligibility list (where the vacancy is within 60 minutes travelling time). Transport for NSW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.