Do you want to work for a market-leading financial planning firm
If you hold high standards for yourself, are looking for an employer that supports professional development and want to work in a dynamic global team, read on.
bdhSterling is a forward-thinking financial planning business that specialises in cross border financial advice for expats living in Australia, returning Australians and vice versa in the UK. As well as this, we also provide holistic financial advice. Our firm is made up of over 60 staff, operating across 4 locations, in the UK, Perth, Sydney & Melbourne. Our Australian head office is based in Perth. Proudly, we are the only Chartered financial planning practice that has a presence in the UK and Australia. We employ a multitude of highly qualified and experienced individuals, ranging from QROPS experts to Pension Transfer Specialists and those that have attained diploma or Chartered status.
A major focus of ours is workplace training and were honoured to win Excellence in Professional Development at the 2019 and 2020 International Adviser Awards. Our UK office also took first place at the Surrey Business Awards 2019, in the category of Professional Services.
If we sound like an exciting company to work for, read on and apply within.
The right candidate has the opportunity to grow with us, as we whole-heartedly support career progression and personal development. You would be working with a team of professional, driven, like-minded individuals who have positive client outcomes as the focus of their working day.
Working in the SMSF and accounts team, you will be responsible for ensuring a key part in the overall performance of bdhSterling.
The Accounts Administrator reports directly to the SMSF Client Manager and will have a close working relationship with the team in administration, paraplanning, operations, adviser, and leadership teams both in Australia and in the UK. The candidate will have exposure to high-net-worth clients, delivering client services and supporting the growth of the firm.
Role accountabilities include:
- Reconciliation of funds in BGL 360
- ASIC corporate registers via CAS 360
- Preparation of accounts & tax return for SMSF clients
- Accounts receivables via Xero and invoice preparation
- Reconciliation of the business income & company cashflow
- Calculation of ongoing client fees, fund transfers, and client expenses
- Assisting the SMSF Client Manager with ad-hoc tasks when required.
Minimum candidate competencies:
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong spelling and grammar and sound written communication
- Confident phone manner and excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team ad passion to work in financial services
- Sound timekeeping and time management
Desirable candidate competencies:
- Previous use of Salesforce & Xplan
- Superannuation administration experience
- Financial services background
- Customer service experience
- BGL 360 / CAS 360 experience
- Previous experience with Xero accounting software
Remuneration would be commensurate with the successful applicant's experience and is expected to grow proportionally over time, based on their ability to contribute to the business.