Contribute as a key member of a team of professional and technical staff, Company provided health insurance, Lead and direct assigned generative exploration activities.
Newmont Exploration in the region is based in Perth, but operates across Australia. The group is responsible for growing Newmonts current operations in WA and NT and discovering new deposits across the region. The team has access to in house global technical specialists in applying the latest exploration technology in its quest for discovery.
Newmont Australian operations are located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory with roles in operations, projects and exploration. Regional Support is provided from our offices based in Subiaco - close to public transport and with onsite parking facilities. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the past five years and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index.
Reporting to the Director Regional Exploration, Australia, The Principal Exploration Geologist NSW role is to;
- Coordinate and supervise execution of early stage work programs that lead to discovery, extension or development of mineralisation that in turn contributes to resource replacement and growth across the APAC region.
- Contribute as a key member of a team of professional and technical staff that delivers high quality work.
- Ensure that all assigned exploration activities are managed to maintain goals of zero harm and SER compliance.
In This Role You Will:
- Evaluate and generate early stage opportunities on assigned Newmont controlled regional projects in this case NSW.
- Coordinate and manage exploration activities in support of regional goals;
- Lead and direct assigned generative exploration activities through to project development status.
- Work, as directed, with site based geology personnel to promote one cohesive exploration group across the region.
- Assist evaluation, and prospectivity analysis to rate and rank of acquisition opportunities as directed.
- Ensure the team complies with regulatory health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company's social and environmental policies.
- Contribute to the development of a technically competent, credible team by providing guidance and direction to direct reports and constructive feedback to the entire team.
- Contribution to the development of budget preparation and submittals, cost tracking, completing activities within agreed periods while achieving performance measures.
- Use experience and technical knowledge to identify, evaluate, discover and develop greenfield, near-mine site exploration opportunities, and/or third-party mineral investment opportunities.
- Use experience and initiative to solve complex problems and challenges using creativity, technical judgement, tact.
- Effectively communicate through presentation and written reports observations, interpretations and recommendations.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Geosciences or related field (typically M.S. or Ph.D.) and broad and varied, experience, including significant exposure to NSW porphyry mineralisation.
- Ideally requires a minimum of 10 years of applicable industry experience in generative exploration.
- Additional experience in near-mine exploration and familarity with exploration and/or deposit economc evaluations are considered important.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills for presentations to senior and executive management.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.