Gardner Denver Industries Pty Ltd, part of the Ingersoll Rand group, are a market leader in manufacturing highly engineered products including compressors, blowers, liquid ring pumps and fluid transfer products for a multitude of industrial users. Our flexibility worldwide allows us to target fast growing market niches within the industrial, manufacturing, environmental, pulp and paper, service, power, mining and energy sectors.
Purpose & Values:
We are proud of our Purpose and Values, you can Lean on us to help you make life better. Our Values are an extension of us where we think and act like owners; we are committed to making our customers successful; we are bold in our aspirations while moving forward with humility and integrity; and we foster inspired teams.
We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and an ownership mindset, inspiring us to care deeply about our neighbours and shared planet. We pride ourselves on innovation and we aspire to be connected for life with our customers and embrace the responsibility that comes with that. We have the confidence to take on the hardest problems, yet we are rooted in a genuine sense of humility and we nurture and celebrate a culture that embraces diverse points of views, backgrounds and experiences.
If our Purpose and Values interest you and you are keen to be part of a global company and available to start immediately, read on..
We are offering an exciting career opportunity for a professional Project Engineer to join our small team in Dandenong South. If you are looking to step up to the next level of your career, this may be the right opportunity for you.
As the Project Engineer you will gain exposure to both pre and post sales environment working with senior Sales Engineers. You will be responsible for interpreting customer needs and requirements, providing technical advice, preparing solutions to the Sales Team and Engineers as part of pre-sales. As part of post sales, provide support, lead specific engineering projects and manage the design, quality, procurement, documentation, testing and delivery.
In addition you will be responsible for:
- Project Management/Delivery
- Client liaison/negotiation
- Complete Design (GAs & P&IDs)
- Generate BOMs
- Generate QA documents (ITPs)
- Provide RFQs to supplier for procurement
- Production and tracking of timeline
- Oversee build/delivery
- Document Management
- Tender Support/Preparation
- Selection of equipment
- Review of specifications and compile deviation lists
- Completion of schedules and datasheets
- Generate concept drawings
- Compile cost estimates
- Sales Support
- Support Direct and Distribution channels in day-to-day sales/technical inquiries
- Work with our factories and suppliers to gain cost estimates
- Compile and produce quote submissions
- Assist in preparation of price lists/books
- Expedite of key orders.
Follow and adhere to all Gardner Denver policies and safety procedures.
Applicants will need:
- A Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience in industrial/engineering area with a comfort in project management and capital equipment / solution sales.
- A genuinely friendly manner; including excellent communication skills (written & oral) and the ability to establish effective relationships.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage scope & design elements and meet deadlines
- Team player, collaborative and solutions-oriented approach
- Possess a strong customer focus
- Experience in AutoCAD software and 3D modelling
- Experience in SAP would be advantageous
- Able to travel if required
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Project