- Employment Status: Permanent, Full-Time
- Location: St Andrews War Memorial Hospital and The Wesley Hospital
- Classification: AHABT1 - Biomedical/Electronics Technician - Level 1
We’re seeking Junior Biomedical Technicians for opportunities at both The Wesley Hospital and St Andrews War Memorial Hospital in permanent, full time positions.
About the Role:
Working as a Junior Biomedical Technician, you will be accountable for technical support, including the installation, repairs and preventative maintenance tasks of new and existing medical equipment and systems within the Hospital.
You will also:
- Report progress and results to the Biomedical Workshop Coordinator
- Perform all acceptance testing according to requirements of Standards Australia
- Coordinate and document repairs and services by external service providers
- Maintain equipment database including inventory, maintenance, repairs and status details
- Provide technical assistance to all sections of the hospital when required
You will be dynamic and highly-motivated with excellent communication skills and the confidence to work alone. In addition, you will display:
- Experience with medical electronics and/or medical equipment highly desirable
- Qualifications in ICT Infrastructure, information technology or technical architecture in a clinical discipline
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Restricted Electrical Workers Licence – Plug and Cord, as issued by the Queensland Electrical Workers and Contractors Board
- Proficiency in computer skills is essential
- Willing to undertake and successfully complete applicable tertiary qualification
- Knowledge of Standards Australia and other statutory requirements regarding medical equipment
Supporting you to support others:
We’ve been caring for Queenslander’s for over 65 years. Whether on the road, in people’s homes or in our hospitals, everything our dedicated team do is built on enabling independence, choice and freedom. We’re proudly not-for-profit and offer you:
- Access to salary packaging & meal and entertainment benefits
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Employee assistance, health & wellness programs
- Values-based culture & rewards and recognition
- Ongoing learning & development
About our Organisation:
At St Andrews War Memorial Hospital, we’re committed to providing the highest-quality holistic care and support for our patients and their families. Specialising in complex health needs, we bring together the finest medical experts, care and technology to deliver personalised care and world-class results.
The Wesley Hospital is one of Australia’s iconic and largest private not-for-profit hospitals. From the heart of Brisbane more than 800 Visiting Medical Practitioners and 2, 000 staff deliver personalised care through life’s journey for generations of Queenslanders.
Together with Buderim Private Hospital and St Stephens Hospital, we form one of the largest not-for-profit private hospital groups in QLD and are proudly part of UnitingCare QLD.
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process. We look forward to receiving your application by Sunday 5th May 2021.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Applications Close: 02/05/2021