Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. (MMAL) drives people and businesses to achieve their ambition through the technology, design and product advantages in our range of cars, SUVs and Utes. As An agile organisation of passionate and driven professionals, we take pride in over 11 million people around the world choosing our vehicles.
More than vehicle sales and customer excellence, we make a difference in communities we service. We drive vehicle utilisation projects supporting communities and disaster relief with meaningful change and lasting impact.
If you would like to drive your ambition and contribute to our growing market share, our reputation for quality and be part of an agile organisation, we want to hear from you!
About the Role
As an Automotive Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for resolving product issues and concerns that may affect the reputation of our products, reliability and company image, through early recognition, definition and quick resolution of product deficiencies and providing technical support to Dealers and internal stakeholders.
How you will make an impact
- Provide up to date field diagnosis information and assisting internal stakeholders and Dealers;
- Act as a contact (i.e. first escalation level) responsible for providing advice and recommendation to expedite resolution of customer concerns in a timely manner;
- Prepare and distribute Service Field Publications;
- Process, analyse and research Dealer Quality Reports and other field information, parts sales data and warranty data;
- Investigate safety related reports, determine actions to be taken and report findings to the Customer Relations Group;
- Participate in field survey and undertake field investigations as necessary.
What you’ll need to Join Our Team
- Qualified Automotive Technician and/or Automotive Electrician;
- Proven automotive troubleshooting/diagnosis skills;
- Good understanding of Automotive Electrical Systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill;
- Experience of Dealer Service operations;
- Good understanding of Diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope operations (desirable);
- Mitsubishi Product knowledge and understanding of product safety systems (desirable);
- Understanding of case management systems and processes including Service & Warranty policies & procedures (desirable);
- SAP experience - (desirable)
What we Offer
A career with Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited will be both challenging and rewarding, providing growth opportunities and the prospects to advance your career, you will be part of a diverse and dynamic work environment where you will have access to employee benefits and volunteer days.
Additionally, Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, along with the opportunity to lease Mitsubishi vehicles and access to discounts on new Mitsubishi vehicles for family and friends.
Applications close on Friday, 23 April 2021 (applications may be reviewed and progressed prior to the closing date.)
Please note: You must be located in Australia with a valid work visa to apply for this position