Supportive and inclusive team environment, Generous salary packaging benefits, Excellent career opportunity.
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Excellent career opportunity
St Andrews Hospital has provided medical and surgical services to South Australians for 84 years and is Australias largest standalone independent private hospital, recognised nationally as a centre of excellence. Building on our successful base, in 2018 we completed a $50 million upgrade and expansion of our clinical facilities with more improvements planned for 2021 and beyond.
St Andrews is a 240-bed facility with eleven state of the art operating theatre suites, a 28 bed cardiac unit, an 18 bed critical care unit, emergency department, angiography suite, chest pain unit, an extensive new procedural suite with day of surgery admissions, and arguably, South Australias most comprehensive private cancer care facility.
About The Role:
The Supply Manager is a vitally important role for St Andrews Hospital in managing the overall supply of consumables and equipment to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of healthcare to our patients.
The role offers an opportunity for an experienced Supply Manager to oversee stock holdings of $4M and an annual spend of $40M in medical and surgical consumables, with a strong focus on delivering cost savings via effective tendering processes and supplier contract negotiations.
Leading a small team and working closely with Clinical and Service Managers, the Supply Manager will develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a busy and varied environment.
In addition to your recent Supply experience in a leadership capacity, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to effectively lead a team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and well-developed problem solving skills
- A commitment to the provision of high level customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound understanding and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Proficient use of MS Excel to interact with inventory systems and data reporting
- Experience in implementing a successful procurement cost-reduction program
- Demonstrated experience in successful contract negotiations
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement or a related field.
Experience in the healthcare sector, whilst not essential, will be highly regarded.
This is a full-time position; predominantly Monday to Friday with some flexibility expected as required to meet Hospital needs.
Benefits and Culture:
At St Andrews we believe that relationships matter, and our people are the key to our success. Our committed leadership team, and open and inclusive culture, is reflected in our significant levels of staff tenure and high job satisfaction.
With a commitment medical and surgical excellence, we encourage our front-line staff to identify opportunities for improvement and contribute to decisions, to ensure we are able to provide the best care to our patients.
In addition to our positive culture, staff at St Andrews enjoy superior working conditions and benefits, including:
- generous salary packaging benefits
- regular staff recognition events
- leadership development programs
- extensive in-house training and education programs, and support for further study
- competitive discounts on private health insurance and pharmaceuticals
- a strong commitment to flexible working arrangements, including up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, and a range of wellbeing initiatives
- subsidised staff gymnasium and underground car parking (max $5/day).
- Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
- Please include a cover letter together with your resume in one combined document.
- Address applications to Garry Crispin, Director of Finance.
Applications close Sunday 2 May 2021
St Andrews Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of all cultural backgrounds and ethnicities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Note, shortlisting and interviews may commence prior to the closing date and any applications received by direct email may not be considered and will be asked to apply online.