Full-time (38 hours per week) for one year (very strong chance of extension), Salary range $70,000 to $80,000 per year plus superannuation, A great opportunity to engage with customers from all around the world.
Currawong is currently going through a growth phase. It is about to increase its facility space by 50% by taking over half of the upstairs portion of the current building. This new space will have a dedicated electronics production facility as well as new offices and a conference room.
Currawong has recently released new products and is keen to promote these products internationally, particularly in Europe and Asia. In order to do this, Currawong has created this new full time Sales & Marketing & Business Development Co-ordinator position.
Detailed product training (including features and benefits) and support will be provided to the successful candidate. A keen interest in technology is essential.
Please note, only hard copy applications sent via the post will be considered. Please do not apply via seek.com.au
- Respond to new and existing customer product enquiries promptly via telephone and email.
- Assist with the preparation of quotations and the validation of overseas customers as required by Australian export restrictions.
- Review the current quotation process including the potential use of google forms to create request for quotation templates.
- Conduct market research to identify potential new customers, contact those potential leads and convert into sales.
- Record all interactions with potential customers in Currawongs Excel database and provide regular reports on the status of new leads.
- Research commercially available customer relationship manager tools and set up a new CRM for Currawong if deemed beneficial.
- Manage Currawongs social media presence (currently Linked In) including regular and relevant posts, engage with the online community and build the number of relevant followers.
- Co-ordinate Currawongs advertisements (such as google AdWords with support from an external marketing company).
- Co-ordinate regular updates to Currawongs website and marketing materials (such as product datasheets, Products Guide, brochures etc).
- Prepare and circulate media releases.
- Co-ordinate Currawongs attendance at Trade Shows.
- With support from other staff, develop a marketing plan and then co-ordinate its implementation and review, including progress against key performance indicators.
- Evaluate and document competitors products with support from the engineering team.
- Prepare marketing grant applications, implement grant activities and generate grant reports as required.
- Gather and maintain intelligence on the worldwide UAV market and identify upcoming UAV programs which offer opportunities for sales.
- Provide strategic input into business development activities (such as new products, new markets etc).
Please note, it is not essential to have had experience in all of the responsibilities listed above. Currawong will consider candidates that have had prior experience in either sales or marketing if they can demonstrate the capacity to learn new skills.
- There are no firm qualifications required for this position. The successful candidate may have completed a relevant degree in business or engineering. Alternatively, they may have demonstrated industry experience in a sales/marketing/business development role.
- The candidate will need to work independently at times and need to demonstrate self-drive and initiative.
- The candidate will also need to work with the engineering team (such as when seeking answers to technical questions) and the production team (such as finding stories for social media).
- The candidate needs to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas occasionally (not in the short term due to the pandemic).
- There may be occasional need to work early in the morning or in the evening due to the time zone differences between Australia and our customers.
- A current Tasmanian driving licence is required.
- Baseline security screening may be required (via the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency).
The salary range is $70,000 to $80,000 per year (plus superannuation) depending on previous relevant experience.
Currawong has 15 FTE employees and it aims to provide a challenging, rewarding and flexible work environment. The standard work day is 7.6 hours in length. Currawong has a flex time system whereby any extra hours worked in a week can be accrued and taken off at a later date. It provides tea, coffee (top quality espresso machine), milo and regular staff morning teas.
Currawong is located 15 minutes south of Hobart. Hobart offers most of the benefits of living in a capital city without the traffic! There are fantastic outdoor activities in the vicinity including bushwalking, mountain bike riding, fishing, caving, climbing, paddling and so on.
How to apply:
To apply, please post a hard copy of your application to Claire Brett Currawong Engineering Pty Ltd 54 Patriarch Drive Huntingfield TAS 7055 and provide:
- A cover letter including:
- a specific example of how you have been in involved in a few of the activities listed in the Responsibilities section (including your role in that activity and the outcomes achieved).
- a response to each of the Qualifications/Skills dot points.
- details on your interest in technology.
- why you would specifically like to work at Currawong Engineering
Currawong requests that hard copy applications be received by Thursday 13th May 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.