NATA (ILAC) accredited mechanical and environmental test laboratory, Technical team environment focused on safety innovation, Advanced dynamic, static, crash and environmental testing.
APV Engineering and Testing Services Pty Ltd (APV-T) is a NATA (ILAC) accredited mechanical and environmental test laboratory. As a Centre focused on safety innovation, our services aim to meet the current and changing needs of Australian industry.
The APV Tech Centre is an industry test service provider, specialising in:
- Crash & Safety Testing
- Environmental & Life Cycle Exposure
- Mechanical & Dynamic Impact Testing
- High Speed Imaging
- High speed data acquisition and instrumentation
- Biomechanical Testing
These services are provided to a wide range of industries which include Automotive (OEM and aftermarket), Defense, Aviation, Transportation seating and Component manufacturers. See www.apvtestcentre.com [link removed]
An opportunity for an Instrumentation & Calibration Technician exists within this challenging, yet rewarding organisation in Campbellfield, VIC. The role will focus on installation of data acquisition equipment and sensors into test vehicles, supporting the calibration and maintenance of crash dummies, equipment and sensors whilst ensuring that all quality, regulatory & customer calibration requirements are followed, including documentation & filing of results. The position will also provide temporary assistance within other areas of test operations.
The primary objectives within this role will include to;
- Install data acquisition equipment and sensors into test vehicles and other test items, including tapping into existing vehicle harnesses for the acquisition of defined signals.
- Support the test, repair, distribution, calibration, maintenance and assembly of crash test dummies and crash centre instrumentation including; accelerometers, pressure sensors, velocity sensors, force gauges, TDAS Data Acquisition systems & all associated cabling, connectors & fittings (using external suppliers and services where necessary).
- Assisting in the maintenance & calibration of all Dummy Lab calibration rigs & associated equipment & tooling.
- Efficient & precise record keeping to meet the most stringent NATA, Quality System & regulatory requirements.
- Preventative maintenance tasks.
- Support other departments business activities where electrical / electronics knowhow is required.
- Work in accordance with the test centre NATA, Quality System, operations & regulatory requirements.
Challenges and Enduring Accountabilities
- To have a detailed understanding of a large number of very prescriptive calibration processes, for both test dummies and associated equipment.
- To identify and implement potential areas of process & equipment improvements, in order to support a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Test programs vary in application and require a keen attention to process and adherence to testing standards and engineering principles.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Automotive or Aviation Electrician, or hold a similar relevant trade qualification with at least 5 years relevant, hands on industry experience. Experience in a certified industrial test laboratory environment within the Automotive, Aviation or Defence industry is advantageous. A sound knowledge of automotive electronics, electronic instrumentation, calibration and measurement of uncertainty is required.
Your past experience should reflect energy, drive, problem solving, decision making, analytical abilities, and integrity. The ability to effectively communicate and work as part of a team is a must.
Please note only second round candidates will be contacted.