Australia Post Group (including Australia Post, StarTrack, Decipha & SecurePay) is one of the most trusted brands in Australia. Employing over 35,000 people across our integrated delivery, logistics and e-Commerce network – we love delivering! Through our huge range of services, we help communities stay connected, businesses reach new customers and people stay in touch. We’re committed to helping our people, customers and communities build a better future.
What it’s like to work here
For you, it means you'll do great work, learn from the best and develop a career within a robust and well-invested but empowering and creative environment. We all work hard – we're working on major challenges, after all – but we also recognise that you have a life outside of the office, so we provide flexible conditions that enable you to grow whilst enjoying a genuine work-life balance.
What does the role involve
Based in Brookvale, the Depot Manager is responsible for managing and monitoring facility operations for the delivery and collection of the parcel and all products, ensuring that service standards and compliance obligations are achieved while supporting cost management, business efficiencies and network/operational innovation and improvement.
This role will also see you
- Oversee the delivery and collection operations for their facility to achieve service standards and community Service Obligations (CSO)
- Evaluate and review achievement of strategic objectives to drive the performance of the facility
- Management of facility budgets to meet financial operating plans.
- Identify work synergies and realise specific cost savings and facility improvements within the facility
- Engage, influence and secure active support from all key stakeholders to deliver business outcomes, including facility managers, employee, union contractors, government and community
- Drive customer initiative participation and implementation for the facility as guided by senior leaders and business strategy
- Establish a safety leadership culture and manage all safety activities within the facility and ensure our people return home safety each day
- Engage with contractor workforce at the depot and ensure inclusion in all relevant initiatives
- Coach and develop the Pick-up and delivery team through one on one conversations, team meetings and engagement activities
What are we looking for
We’re looking for candidates that have the demonstrated energy and drive to bring out the best in the people under their leadership. If coaching and mentoring is something you thrive on we’d love to hear from you. In addition to this, you will ideally have
- significant operational leadership experience in a large complex organisation structure where quick decision making and cultural change initiatives are requires
- strong business market acumen and high level of understanding on financial management and strategy planning to grow profitable revenue and market share
- track record of effective negotiation skills dealing with industrial relations conflicts and negotiations with Unions and difficult Workplace situations
- experience in managing operations in a business with fluctuating seasonal cycles that create periods of intense pressure
Role requirements/Shift times
- All applicants must hold a valid car licence
- Shifts - Monday to Friday, 7 am – 2.51 pm
We believe investing in our people is good business
That’s why we have a team dedicated to career coaching and support for our employees. And we know that your life outside of work matters. So while we work hard, we also have a culture that promotes agenuinework/life balance.
Together, our differences make us stronger
With a reach across Australia and beyond, we’re building a workforce that’s as diverse as the communities we serve. Learn more about how we're supporting inclusion at Australia Post,here.If yourequire adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process,
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Check out this shortvideoto find out how we acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians ofthe land weoperateon.