Key Executive Management Oversight role!, Varied role with work/life balance!, Caring, encouraging, innovative culture!.
The Business Director is a key integral member of the Executive Management team of a large, well established, private Christian College with multiple campuses near Darwin, NT. Darwin is a city that is vibrant with different cultures, arts, concerts, fabulous family lifestyle, international cuisine, family entertainment facilities and great community living.
This established and successful Christian College with multiple campuses, has 140 staff and 1100 students, with an annual turnover of $20 million p.a. This College offers the highest quality educational services from Early Learning to Year 12 and is in consistent demand. The culture is community focused, relational, nurturing, and inclusive.
If you enjoy working with people across all levels and are a commercially savvy business/finance leader with proven, oversight management experience in complex business environments, you will love this varied role with the commercial challenges and the work/life balance.
The BD promotes and cultivates innovation, creativity, initiative in this learning environment where the whole team works cohesively to produce excellent service to support the learning programs, build great relationships and outcomes for the College and community.
In this rewarding leadership role, the appointee must be a person of integrity who has savvy business and financial acumen. This professional is dynamic, relational, strategic, innovative, investigative, versatile, resourceful, consultative and is a great mentor, communicator, business partner and negotiator. The ability to foster collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders, is crucial.
This Executive Management role supports the Principal and College Board to develop the strategic long-term business plan and achieve on deliverables. The Business Director is responsible for the efficiency of the business/finance operations, Human Resources management and the mentorship of the non-teaching, Business Support Line-Managers, and departments. The BD provides leadership and management oversight of the Line-Managers to be effective managers of their staff and resources. Business Support has 20 staff members which includes Finance, Office Administration (Student Support Services), Human Resources, Business Development, Marketing, IT, Grounds & Property Management and Canteen. This role is accountable for all operational activities regarding financial stability, innovation, and growth.
Reporting to the Principal and College Board, the key responsibilities are:
- Support the Executive Management team to develop the strategic, long-term business plan. Monitor plan, goals, objectives, and provide strategies reports.
- Provide sound advice to the College Board on business/financial matters, timely monthly reports, and documentation for the Board Meetings.
- Ensure the Colleges financial/business operations are robust and that appropriate measures are in place to adopt the best policies, practices, and processes to fully meet the integrity, accuracy and transparency requirements to annual audit accounting and legislative statutory standards.
- Drive strategic financial and business performance with Line Managers to excel in set KPIs and achieve key outcomes that support the teaching and learning programs.
- Working collaboratively with the Finance Manager in business/financial matters to achieve deliverables.
- Collage insightful analysis from data analytics to uncover valuable insights of financials, identify process improvements that can increase efficiency and better manage risks.
- Predictive analytics to use existing data to identify trends and more accurate planning, forecast and future planning.
- Assess, evaluate, and streamline the business/financial systems and processes to the best practice, policies, and procedures.
- Preparation and oversight of the budget using proven budgeting techniques.
- Maintain robust financial procedures and framework controls in the annual audit process and subsequent reporting.
- Implement effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Set up, monitor, and report key business metrics on the Colleges performance and operational health.
- Streamline financial systems, processes and procedures and manage cash flow.
- Conduct performance appraisal and succession planning of Line-Managers and assist Managers to develop their leadership and management skills.
- Plan, lead, and oversee Line-Managers of change processes within each department to ensure staff are adapting to new changes.
- Negotiate, review, and manage EBA Agreement.
- Ensure a safe Workplace that adheres to Work, Health and Safety procedures.
Incumbents with CA/CPA and MBA or equivalent Business Management qualification with successful outcomes in senior executive management roles are encouraged to apply. EBA Agreement and negotiation experience is vital. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and strong IT knowledge and ICT systems is also essential. Applicants within the commercial, education or not-for-profit sectors are encouraged to apply.
This is for an initial 5-year contract tenure offering 6 weeks of annual leave. 4% of the cash salary component is available for professional development each year. An attractive remuneration package is on offer which can include a company vehicle and other business tools. Interstate relocation cost is covered for Australian applicants. As part of the national network of services, any accrued benefits are transferable to another role within this national organisation.
For immediate commencement, please forward your Covering Letter and CV .