Attractive salary and benefits, Live and work in tropical north Queensland, Building or construction trade certificate essential.Company description:
Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
Queensland Rail manages a maintenance program that achieves the right asset condition through developing innovative maintenance practices, asset management systems and processes that save time, money and improve safety.
As an experienced, trades qualified Maintenance Site Supervisor, you will coordinate and supervise maintenance contracts, labour activities as well as provide relief to the Asset Supervisor as required.
Based in Mackay, we have a permanent full-time opportunity suited to someone who is highly motivated, able to work autonomously and available for frequent travel throughout the region. Occasional call out work and overtime are required.
About the role:
- Co-ordinate the sourcing, supervision and administration of external resources to carry out maintenance on above rail assets as set out in the yearly work program and maintenance plans.
- Carry out yearly safety inspections and Residential Tenancy Agreement (RTA) inspections.
- Supervise/monitor the work undertaken by Queensland Rail Facilities day labour.
- Undertake root cause analysis on all asset failures/faults and provide feedback.
- Undertake maintenance work, as directed by the Works Management Co-ordinator or Asset Supervisor, on a variety of assets.
- Negotiate the use of Queensland Rail day labour with the Works Management Co-ordinator or Asset Supervisor to deliver the yearly maintenance plans.
- Build and maintain partnerships with local managers and supervisors to respond quickly to changes in requirements to the yearly work program and maintenance plans.
- Relevant Building and Construction Trade Certificate.
- Current Queensland manual drivers license.
- Substantial level of contract administration skills and experience co-ordinating several contracts and major tasks simultaneously.
- Substantial knowledge of the building and construction industries, in relation to asset management and inspection, including relevant Acts, codes and regulations.
- Substantial problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Sound leadership, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Sound level of skill in use of computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviours.
What to expect
- Starting salary $81,830 + all-purpose allowance ($5,273) + super + overtime.
- Full time opportunity working a 9-day fortnight.
- You must be willing to work away from home frequently however travelling for field work will be part of your working hours.
- You will receive paid training and access to internal vacancies.
- There is strong focus on safety we work safe every day to ensure everyone goes home safe.
- The opportunity to explore Queensland enjoy discounts on rail travel as well as accommodation, travel insurance, theme parks and attractions and more through QRI Lifestyle.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pmWednesday 5th May 2021.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees mustapplyfor vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need toset up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
Install theMicrosoft Authenticator appon your smartphone.
If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either anautomated phone callor a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at worksigned via the People Connect solution(Single Sign On) usinga Queensland Rail corporatedeviceconnectedto the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.