Store Person at Saffire Freycinet
An exciting opportunity for a passionate Store Person to grow their career in an award winning luxury lodge.
Saffire is among the world’s finest Luxury Lodges, located on Tasmania’s pristine east coast at the spectacular Freycinet National Park. With a list of prestigious accolades including TripAdvisor’s Best Luxury Hotel in Australia and Best Luxury Hotel in the South Pacific in 2018; and Best Luxury Hotel in Australia at the 2017 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards, Saffire is internationally renowned for its exceptional guest service and its unique approach to highly personalised and immersive visitor experiences.
With unspoilt views of Freycinet’s iconic Hazards mountain range, this may just be the most stunning workplace on the planet! Surrounded by world heritage wilderness, some of Australia’s most respected food and wine producers and working with industry professionals at the top of their game, Saffire provides a rich employment opportunity and the key to many more exciting doors in your career. The team are bound by a family atmosphere, live onsite in a vibrant community and are currently seeking a suitably experienced Store Person to join their team… this is where you come in.
As our successful candidate, you will effectively and safely manage the stores of the hotel in line with the strictest Food Safety Standards. This is a key role within the Food and Beverage Department, undertaking ordering, receiving and storing all food, beverage and other deliveries
Key Responsibilities of the position:
- Accept and allocate deliveries according to Food Safety Standards and relevant Kitchen/Outlet requirements.
- Process delivery notes and invoices according to standards. (manually and through SwiftPOS)
- Liaise and build professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders (such as suppliers).
- Assist with ordering, receipting and other SwiftPOS related activities as required.
- Seek opportunities to engage with guests, to generate a genuine connection.
- Support business processes, policies and systems relevant to the smooth operation of the department.
- Assist in maintaining a safe workplace and environment.
To the role you bring with you;
• Flexibility and reliability to work across a variety of shifts,
• A desire to learn, develop and continuously improve, and
• A vehicle and drivers licence (preferred), or other modes of accessibility to the property.
This role is in a beautiful remote, Tasmanian location, but still only be a two hour drive away from Hobart and Launceston.
In joining the team at Saffire, you will gain exposure to working with great industry mentors, supported by our values based and principle led ethos, and gain the satisfaction knowing you and your colleagues are contributing to creating memorable guest experiences. You can also expect to benefit from a number of exclusive internal benefits, such as subsidised staff accommodation, meals, and numerous opportunities to grow your career across our other award winning properties in Hobart.