Divalls Earthmoving & Bulk Haulage, Goulburn, is a family-owned & operated business and has a position vacant in their busy WHSE & Compliance Team, for an experienced WHS Officer.
The successful applicant will have had previous relevant industry experience, ideally from a Civil Construction background.
The role will entail both office and site-based work, requiring travel to and from various locations within the local area.
A day in the life.
Arrive on-site and in style in your Company issued vehicle, ready for a 7 am start in the fresh, country morning air. Be greeted by a plethora of unique and diverse people, going about their day on one of our many and varied job sites. Take a minute to appreciate the lack of monotony, as no day here will be the same as the last.
Admire the picturesque scenery as you go about your work, utilising your sound organisational and people skills to instruct and enforce the appropriate application of all things WHS. Showcase your prowess through recommendations, improvements, and thoughtful guidance to your fellow colleague.
Validate all those hours spent watching crime dramas on TV and act on, & investigate incidents, injuries & hazards, and implement agreed control measures.
If you are looking for your next challenge, enjoy promoting safety in the workplace, relish the opportunity to lead by example, are a stickler for paperwork, and just an all-round top individual, this role is for you!
What we cant live without
- Hold a valid & current WHS certificate or equivalent training & experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to interact proactively with management & staff at all levels of the Organisation, in the resolution of WHS issues.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability.
- Ability to create & review policies & procedures.
- Problem solving with practical solutions.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Ability to organise & control own workload.
- Well-developed organisational & administrative skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work autonomously.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Attractive remuneration package, including company vehicle, & generous overtime scheme on offer for the successful applicant.
Applications, including qualifications, work history, & 2 x references, should be forwarded by Friday, 23rd April, 2021,