The candidate must have strong communication and organizational skills, be reliable, with the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Providing assistance and technical input for the planning, management and interpretation of offshore surveys.
- Develop technical knowledge of geological descriptions, geophysical interpretation, ground model development and geohazard assessment.
- Collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams to interpret subsurface conditions and support the development of related products.
- Implement project work within optimal technical solutions, agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Comply with laws, standards, and specifications.
- Display initiative and ingenuity within the project framework.
To be considered:
- University degree (MSc) in geology or geophysics.
- A minimum of two years relevant industry experience.
- Experience in using seismic interpretation software (e.g., ArcGIS, Global Mapper, Inskape, IHS Kingdom, Petrel).
- Intermediate level skills in programming and scripting (Python preferred).
- Strong knowledge of shallow geology and sedimentology.
- Applicants must have a lawful right to work in Australia at the time of application.
Statement of Academic Records (or equivalent) may be requested.
AUD 65,000 AUD 75,000
Please provide a CV and a 100-word outline of your area of specialization and how that could contribute to advances in offshore energy developments.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 29 APRIL 2021 (COB)