Based in UniSA Chancellery and Council Services at the City West Campus, Full-time, continuing position, Professional leadership role.
About the Role
The Executive Officer supports and advises the Pro Vice Chancellor: Aboriginal Leadership and Strategy by coordinating strategic projects, researching and writing submissions, generating policy advice and assisting with strategic analysis of key issues.
The Pro Vice Chancellor: Aboriginal Leadership and Strategy leads the development of a whole of institution approach to the recruitment, support, retention and success of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the University. In doing so the University can enhance the supports provided for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff and strengthen our position as the university of choice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples in South Australia and beyond.
- Contribute to the development of strategies to advance the University's ambitions to strengthen its position as the University of choice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Work to identify issues associated with Aboriginal engagement and success in higher education
- Research and write reports, submissions, speeches, discussion papers, strategic plans, and complex correspondence
- Oversee support staff and identify and implement office system improvements
- Provide executive support to committees and working groups
Essential Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience in professional communication, education, business and law, Aboriginal studies or a related discipline
- Strategic and problem-solving skills to enable the provision and application of insightful and innovative advice
- Highly developed oral communication and negotiation skills and the ability to engage successfully with stakeholders at all levels, from diverse cultures
- Excellent analytical, research and writing skills
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Samantha Matthews, Senior Recruitment Consultant.
Applications close: 11.30pm Tuesday 13 April 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.