Knowing that the work we do prevents injuries and saves lives inspires us., We value collaboration, initiative, commitment & a fair and decent approach., Newly introduced position [we are growing] - there are great opportunities here!.
- Welcome to Acusensus - knowing that the work we do prevents injuries and saves lives inspires us.
- We value leadership, collaboration, initiative, commitment & a fair and decent approach.
- Newly introduced position [we are growing!], there are great opportunities for you here.
- Location: Ingleburn | $105K - $115K base [neg] + super + bonus + stock options.
A respected and experienced technician and project engineer, you are passionate about applying your versatile practical engineering & trade skills to work that has a positive social impact!
- Have zero tolerance when it comes to distracted driving and other dangerous driving behaviours;
- Take pride in being proactive and one step ahead;
- Are someone who can be counted on to deliver and finish what you start;
- Adapt quickly and cope well in a frequently changing work environment;
- Enjoy technical solving problems and use a mix of creativity, researched information and logic to form the best solution, and;
- Value the opinions of others, you take the time to listen to what they have to say..
then we need to be speaking to you!
Welcome to Acusensus | acusensus.com
At any given time, between 1% and 5% of drivers on the road are distracted by their mobile phone.
Established in 2018, Acusensus is an Australian success story, developing and deploying a world first solution to detect, capture and analyse illegal mobile phone use on our roads. We have partnered with governments and authorities across the global to drive behavioural change on the roads and reduce injuries and fatalities that come from illegal and dangerous driver behaviour.
The Team Culture
Based in Melbourne, Sydney and the US, we are a growing team of passionate, committed and driven individuals who show up each day to create positive and sustainable change. Together with your colleagues, youll be part of a team culture that is collaborative, organised, open, honest, flexible and focused on fixing problems, learning from each other, remaining constructive and consistently moving forward.
About this Position
Joining as the 6th member of our talented and technically versatile team of Technicians/Project Engineers you will share in all practical engineering and trade related tasks and responsibilities associated with the delivery and upkeep of our fixed and transportable distracted driving camera enforcement systems in the field.
Your key areas of responsibility will include project engineering; manufacturing; installation and deployment of our systems as well as the provision of maintenance and technical support and reporting on the performance of our products in the field.
To break this down further and paint a clearer picture;
Project Engineering will involve - completing site surveys to identify suitable sites for mobile enforcement systems; scoping out work; designing solutions; liaising with the customer; and, contributing to continuous improvement and R&D processes.
Manufacturing will involve - liaising with suppliers and subcontractors; electronic assembly and wiring; low voltage electrical fitting (i.e. wiring up power supplies etc.); IT set up of enforcement systems including networking; mechanical fitting & assembly; and some light fabrication.
Technical Support and Maintenance will involve - onsite installations of fixed enforcement systems; onsite repairs & maintenance of deployed systems; remote deployment of mobile enforcement systems; and, remote technical support of deployed systems.
Project Coordination & Planning will involve - organising installations; organising civil works; preparation of monthly deployment schedules for mobile enforcement systems.
Reporting will involve - statistical and event-based reporting; preparing SWMs; preparation of WHS Reports; preparation of Monthly Report.
From a technical perspective this position has been described by others in the team as being both challenging and very rewarding. Resoundingly the team have said that the position is suited to an individual who loves technical problem solving and is good at it. Importantly, it has also been emphasised that the expectation is not for you to know everything to start out as this role requires a practical trade understanding of electronic, electrical and IT disciplines it goes without saying that there will be some element of learning on the job involved and the team are committed to supporting you on this journey.
Right fit for you
This position is ideally suited to a talented Technician/Project Engineer with a diverse experience base and a socially conscious drive to apply their time, energy and skillset to a worthy and socially beneficial cause.
Additional Selection Criteria includes;
- Practical engineering and trade skills in electronics, electrical and/or IT;
- Collaborative communication skills you articulate your messages clearly and engage well with others;
- A passion for technical problem solving finding the best solution is something you work hard at and enjoy;
- Good planning and organisation skills you break things down and think ahead; and,
- Sound technology skills;
Please note, a tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) in an electronic, electrical and/or IT related discipline will be well regarded, however is not essential.
To apply please click on the Apply Now button below.
Once we have received your registration of interest via Seek, we will then email you a link to an Online Application Form that is specific to this position to complete.