Great small team environment, Learn, earn and grow into this role and Shell Energy, Prestigious office location.
This is a pivotal role within our metering team, providing support to the team to ensure the overall effectiveness of the team. This role would suit a candidate who is an excellent team player, that has a can-do attitude and willing to help others around themselves.
The role principally consists of managing and processing incoming service requests, liaising with customers, channel and retail energy partners, managing direct metering agreements and the on-boarding of key strategic clients. The position also provides a level of support to the wider business. This position will play a key role in improving the performance of the business as it faces new challenges and as the business adapts and changes, so too will the role.
- Prioritise and respond to incoming emails from customers, retailers, networks, brokers and other meter providers;
- Processing incoming metering service requests including, creating and managing compliance of market transactions;
- Creation of work orders, update and maintain billing data and capture and management of service request data;
- Manage Direct Metering Agreement management system;
- Manage and resolve Direct Metering Agreement disputes with incumbent metering providers, energy retailers and brokers;
- Creation and management of broker reports and associated purchasing functions in order to facilitate broker commission payments;
- Developing system capability to monitor and manage energy market interactions;
- Providing ad-hoc support to meter provision, meter data functions.
- Assist in managing metering billing system, including production and issuing of monthly invoices to retailers, other metering providers and other external parties in order to act as support for the Business Manager;
- Exception management of data capture service and validation of data exports.
- Be an integral part of the Powermetric operations team, contributing to the overall accomplishment of the business’s unit’s goals and Shell Energy’s overall strategic objectives.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have Graduate qualifications in analytical/business discipline would be desirable.
- Have proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight timeframes with great attention to detail;
- High professional demeanour and presentation at all times;
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite with a focus on Word, Excel;;
- Understanding of the principles and mechanism’s that drive the National Electricity Market desirable; and
- Willingness to develop a deep understanding of the electricity market and the operational mechanisms that govern it.
About Shell Energy in Australia:
Shell Energy is Australia’s largest dedicated supplier of business electricity. We deliver business energy solutions and innovation across a portfolio of gas, electricity, environmental products and energy productivity for commercial and industrial customers. We are the second largest electricity provider to commercial and industrial businesses in Australia1, we offer integrated solutions and market-leading2 customer satisfaction, built on industry expertise and personalised relationships. This has afforded us a ranking of number 1 in customer satisfaction in business electrical retailers for 10 years running, something that we are immensely proud of and aim to achieve in the future. We also operate 662 megawatts of gas-fired peaking power stations in Western Australia and Queensland, supporting the transition to renewables, and are currently developing the 120-megawatt Gangarri solar energy development in Queensland.
By embracing confidence, team spirit, and contribution, we generate fresh thinking, creativity and nimble execution to give us the edge in an ever-changing market. We ask, ‘what’s next’ for ourselves and for our industry, always on the lookout for opportunities for our customers, our business, and our people.
1 By load, based on Shell Energy analysis of publicly available data
2Utility Market Intelligence (UMI) survey of commercial and industrial electricity customers of major electricity retailers by research company NTF Group, October 2020
What sets us apart from the rest
At Shell Energy we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. The work environment is Agile and fast-paced, with a strong emphasis on outcomes. We also offer employees a great range of benefits including:
- An attractive incentive program;
- Generous leave benefits; and not limited too additional annual leave, flexi leave and extra public holidays over and above the standard;
- Flexible and supportive ways of working with state of the art technology and facilities.
How to Apply:
Shell Energy is an equal opportunity employer who recognises the value in having a diverse workforce. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you wish to have a conversation about what makes Shell Energy a great place to work or for more information about this opportunity, please email
Recruitment Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by the Shell Energy Human Resources team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners if required. Your respect for this process is appreciated.