Enviable lifestyle & regional city benefits, Key executive leadership role, Attractive remuneration package.
BEN FURNEY FLOUR MILLS - Big Enough To Matter, Small Enough To Care
For more than 100 years and 3 generations, our family have operated our farming and grain milling business in Dubbo, the heart of the NSW wheat belt. We are in control of our product from paddock to customer and can therefore offer a quality of product unmatched in the industry. Today, we employ around 90 staff who are all passionate about becoming an Extraordinary Company.
At the centre of Ben Furney Flour Mills culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own, who strive to challenge the status quo & who seek daily improvement and consistently.
Right now, we are looking for a CFO, to fill a crucial role in our business.
Reporting to the CEO, your role is to manage the financial functions procedures of the company. Your role forms an integral part of the Ben Furney Flour Mill leadership team. The role will oversee financial requirements of the business including farming & mill operations nationally. You will need to have strategic forward thinking, excellent communication & negotiation skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Overall financial control and oversight of the business including: preparing budgets, establishing effective financial controls, implementing and maintaining appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budgetary controls and expenditure procedures.
- Leading month end P&L process through core financial systems.
- Providing financial leadership and training to the executive management team.
- Adding value to business performance through financial analysis and identifying areas of improvement.
- Proactively participating in strategy development and business planning
- Working closely with commercial and legal teams to manage risk and drive the contract management process within the business.
- Interpretation and implementation of Acts and Regulations and adhering to legal obligations.
- Responsibility for monitoring capital expenditure and the integrity of the Fixed Asset Registrar
- Overview of cashflow forecasting monthly
- Assistance with project-specific budgeting, forecasting and cost to complete financial models
- Provide leadership and guidance to all employees in relation to deadlines and financial procedures
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior accounting/finance role, preferably in the food manufacturing sector
- Hold a CA or CPA qualification
- Previous experience working in a FMCG company
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and organisational skills with a persistent high-level attention to detail
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products, especially excel spreadsheets
- Experience working with ERP & MRP Systems. Experience with SAP B1 would be highly regarded.
- Strong commercial business acumen, and an analytical and innovation mindset
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
When you join our team, you become a part of a 100% Australian family owned and operated company. You will enjoy the advantages of living and working in the regional city of Dubbo where you and your family can enjoy the lifestyle and freedom of our environment, access quality education and health facilities, and extensive range of sporting, entertaining and shopping options.
If you are result focused, ready to make a big impact and contribute to the logistics of our flour mill production, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications addressing the key accountabilities and selection criteria are invited before the 1 May 2021