Permanent full-time role Monday to Friday, Full training provided and long term career potential, Positive workplace culture and friendly team environment.
Most of us have fond memories of our local ‘Postie’ – the friendly face on the motorbike who delivered our letters and parcels. They’ve always been an essential part of Australia Post’s mail business, and as more of our customers embrace online and digital communications, it’s a role that’s only grown more significant.
About the role
As one of our PDOs, you’ll start your days sorting mail – before hopping on an Electric Delivery Vehicle provided by Australia Post, and delivering that mail to customers.
To do that, you’ll need:
- A current open drivers licence relevant to your state of residence
- To successfully pass our practical driving / riding skills assessment
- To be fit enough to lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly each day
- Meet our safe working load limit (so you’ll need to weigh 120kg or less when fully clothed)
What are we looking for
- A friendly, reliable and considerate personality – with a real knack for communicating and interacting with others (after all, you’ll be constantly talking with our customers)
- Someone who enjoys early morning starts, and can be counted on to deliver mail to where it needs to go
- A commitment to Australia Post’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
- The flexibility to stay until the job’s done if need be – and a real desire to help the team
The Australia Post philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career Get started by registering your interest.
Australia Post Group (including Australia Post, StarTrack, Decipha & Securepay) is one of the most trusted brands in Australia. Employing over 35,000 people across our integrated delivery, logistics and e-Commerce network – we love delivering! Through our huge range of services, we help communities stay connected, businesses reach new customers and people stay in touch.
We’re committed to helping our people, customers and communities build a better future.
A career at Australia Post Group can lead down many paths. There are a variety of roles to suit all sorts of skills and you will also have the chance to learn from the best people; everyone, everywhere, every day. For us, an engaging, enjoyable workplace is the foundation for great work which is why your attitude and your passion is just as important to us as your experience.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and those with a disability.
Don't delay your application, please apply today. We have a short mobile-friendly application form which contains approximately 15 career interest questions. It should take you no longer than 2 or 3 minutes to complete. Looking forward to hearing from you!