Enviable lifestyle & regional city benefits, Key leadership role, Attractive remuneration package.
BEN FURNEY FLOUR MILLS - Big Enough To Matter, Small Enough To Care
For more than 100 years and 3 generations, our family have operated our farming and grain milling business in Dubbo, the heart of the NSW wheat belt. We are in control of our product from paddock to customer and can therefore offer a quality of product unmatched in the industry. Today, we employ around 90 staff who are all passionate about becoming an Extraordinary Company.
At the centre of Ben Furney Flour Mills culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own, who strive to challenge the status quo & who seek daily improvement and consistently.
Right now, we are looking for a Logistic Supervisor with food manufacturing experience, to fill a crucial role in our business.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will work strategically with all areas of the operation including sales, production, transportation & warehousing. You will be responsible for the delivery of our goods on time and in full.
You will need to be hands on, forward thinking, a problem solver, have excellent communication skills and the ability to make decisions & influence others to meet tight deadlines.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Strategically manage logistics - Planning and scheduling of loads across the eastern seaboard with freight contractors to deliver profit optimisation outcomes for the company
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle - Building effective relationships with customers, contractors and other members of the team
- Transport Management - Liaising with drivers & team while monitoring/identifying fatigue or other concerns
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements - Ensuring scheduling activities are performed safely, accurately and in accordance with legislative, company and customer requirements and policies
- Accurate analysis & reporting - Proficiency on logistics metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement efficiency improvements
- Team leadership - Supervise, coach and train logistics workforce
Essential Candidate Requirements:
Specifically, for this role, we expect you will have;
- Minimum 3 5 years experience in logistic management and/or supply chain management, preferably in the food manufacturing sector
- Qualifications in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or other related discipline
- Experience working with ERP & MRP Systems. Experience with SAP B1 would be highly regarded.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and organisational skills with a persistent high-level attention to detail
- Customer focused mentality, strong commercial business acumen, and an analytical and numerate mindset
- Proven and ability to work calmly under pressure in a demanding environment dealing with multiple projects and conflicting priorities
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
When you join our team, you become a part of a 100% Australian family owned and operated company. You will enjoy the advantages of living and working in the regional city of Dubbo where you and your family can enjoy the lifestyle and freedom of our environment, access quality education and health facilities, and extensive range of sporting, entertaining and shopping options.
If you are result focused, ready to make a big impact and contribute to the logistics of our flour mill production, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications addressing the key accountabilities and selection criteria are invited before the 1 May 2021