Permanent Full Time
- A great opportunity to join a small, progressive and forward-thinking team driving process improvement, collaboration and excellence across a diverse and exciting organisation;
- Take on a challenging role to analyse and support Council’s purchasing activity;
- Use your well-developed training capabilities to champion the roll-out and utilisation of Council’s improved on-line purchasing system;
- Have wide organisational exposure and involvement at all levels;
- Excellent training, development and networking opportunities;
- Full-time permanent position – Cheltenham, Victoria, with flexible working options available;
- Band 6, $87,025.80 - $94,950.53 per annum, plus Superannuation
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
We support a diverse and dynamic community with a sustainable, safe and attractive environment, as well as a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne's CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children's services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
The Procurement & Contracts Department is responsible for Council’s procurement, fleet, insurance and Contractor OHS requirements.
We are seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to join the Procurement & Contracts Department. Reporting to the Manager Procurement & Contracts, your role is to:
- Facilitate and support all of Council’s lower level (under tender threshold) purchasing activity;
- Support the development of Council’s procurement policies, processes and template documentation, with a primary focus on under tender-threshold purchasing and lead all associated activities;
- Provide information, education, advice and support to Council employees and Management in relation to purchasing processes, quotation document requirements and ongoing contract administration and management;
- Provide training and support to staff in the use of the electronic purchasing system, including appropriate organisational and procurement context. Council currently utilises Technology One’s CiAnywhere system, branded within the organisation as myFinance
We are looking for someone with:
- Expertise and demonstrated experience in relation to all aspects of purchasing in a large and diverse organisation;
- Demonstrated capacity (or an ability to quickly acquire) with the provision of IT application training in a purchasing context;
- Knowledge and experience (or an ability to quickly acquire) of the procedural and regulatory environment that applies to Local Government procurement
- Ability to demonstrate the City of Kingston’s values of Future Orientated, Accountable, Dynamic, Expert, Community and Celebration
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
Applications Close: 16/04/2021