Build your career in a leading global recycling company, Opportunity to be part of our Emerging Leaders Program, Competitive remuneration on offer.
Are you looking to develop your business acumen, build your leadership skills and pave the way to a successful career in trading and business transformation
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trading Department Cadet / Graduate to join our team based in Brooklyn.
We are seeking a driven and commercially focused candidate to participate in our successful Cadet and Graduate Program, where you will be supported to progress into a frontline role. You will have a keen interest in Sales and Account Management, in order to help us grow the Victorian Business.
Simss Cadet and Graduate Program offers high achieving candidates the opportunity to gain valuable experience across the diversity of our business units. As part of the program you will gain exposure throughout the following:
- Sales and Trading
- Engineering / Maintenance
- Logistics / Exports
- Finance and Administration
- Occupational Health and Safety
This is an exciting time to join our Cadet/Graduate program!
We are currently undertaking significant business transformation and you will have the opportunity to develop your business acumen and project management skills as a key project team member for our Enterprise Resource Planning program.
What is Drive 2 One | Enterprise Resource Planning Program
The global ERP system is the integrated management of core business processes and applying real time data, insights and analytics to inform business decisions. The ERP covers finance, commercial material acquisition and trading, inventory management and logistics.
This is a unique experience and will give the successful candidates an opportunity to be involved in the early stages of ERP development and Global ERP deployment. Working on supporting areas of the business to ensure a smooth integration of the core processes.
How will you be supported
In order to set you up for success, you will be given the opportunity to participate in our Emerging Leaders Program, while also receiving mentoring on-the-job training.
This includes training on the following topics:
- Influencing Leadership
- Leading Change
- Presenting with Impact
- Project Management Basics
- Virtual Presenting
- Microsoft Visio
To be successful in this challenging position you will have:
- A great attitude, with a desire to build your career in the worlds leading metal recycling company
- Confidence in your ability to develop and acquire the necessary skills to become an effective leader
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, complimented by your flexible and proactive attitude
- A self-motivated approach, with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines and work in a dynamic team environment
- Tertiary qualifications in a Business/Marketing capacity or a related field is desirable, but not essential
At Sims Metal Management together we are a diverse group of employees who are supported by our Equal Opportunity Policy, which values the benefits of our talented workforce. Working together we achieve our goals and contribute to our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Transparency, Excellence and Social Responsibility.