At the Town of Mosman Park, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become our Building Administration. This role will suit a person with a positive and inclusive communication style and strong relationship skills.
Mosman Park is located approximately 14km from Perth and a stones throw from Fremantle. Nestled between Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove, and North Fremantle; we are uniquely positioned between the picturesque Indian Ocean and the beautiful shores of the Swan River.
We are a small and vibrant local government, focused on connecting with our close-knit community between river and sea.
Each day, we are encouraged to work with purpose and passion so that together, we can shape the future of our Town and make a remarkable difference to our community. Were seeking a fresh, new face with the curiosity and ambition to deliver great things for the Town and our residents.
By joining us, youll have access to amazing lifestyle benefits and entitlements to help you achieve your full potential:
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements (9 day fortnight)
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, and close to public transport
Things you'll love:
- Working for an organisation that supports you every step of the way
- Being part of a place that genuinely values a work/life balance
- Working alongside a friendly and motivated group of people
- The feeling of being valued, respected and having equal access to opportunities
- Full time, permanent opportunity
- Immediate commencement
As our Building Admin you will complement the existing building services team, by bringing your innovative ideas, your passion for the industry, and willingness to demonstrate a high work ethic. You will provide support to both internal and external stakeholders and take a leading role in the processing of all building applications/permits, to ready applications to be assessed by our Senior Building Surveyor who ensures that the Town meets its statutory obligations and compliance with the relevant building legislation. Utilising your professionalism, knowledge and experience, you will be supported both technically and professionally, while working within a driven and dedicated team.
We are looking for a team player, someone who is self-driven, who loves what they do, and has ethics and values consistent with our own values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence. Someone who embraces change, strives for continuous improvement, and has a willingness to provide customer service where customers are empowered to make more informed decisions.
You set a high benchmark for excellence and performance supported by your exceptional communication skills and a desire to exceed expectations. You liaise with internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner and proactively contribute to the organisational culture in a positive way.
Capabilities and Competencies
- TAFE Certificate or similar qualification in clerical administration OR appropriate on the job previous experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and understanding of local government regulatory building/development compliance protocols, terminology, functions and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels; to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships and; to work cooperatively in a team.
- Demonstrated high quality communication - both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service.
- Previous experience in a similar position
- High level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of local government
Desirable (not essential, but advantageous):
Work related requirements
The recruitment process requires preferred applicant(s) to obtain a police clearance and undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol assessment.
To be eligible for appointment, it is essential to have Australian citizenship, New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
For more information, contact Hannah Young, Manager People and Culture on 9383 6600 or visit https://www.mosmanpark.wa.gov.au/work/employment/
How to apply:
To be considered for the role, applicants are expected to submit the following:
- Written application including resume, cover letter and the Selection Criteria Questionnaire.
Salary Range on Officer: $53,060 - $62,891 per annum (dependent on level of experience)
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 15 April 2021
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to the closing date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Parks ACE values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.