The Morning Star Gold Mine is part of the AuStar Gold Limited group and is located approximately 108km east-north east from Melbourne in a world class gold region of Victoria. The company is focused on mining and production from its flagship gold mine that has historically produced over 830koz of gold. The mine site is situated in the historical mining town of Woods Point, at the head waters of the Goulburn River surrounded by national parks, close to two of Victorias most popular snowfields and a regular tourist destination for outdoor recreational activities such as four-wheel driving, bush walking and horse riding. The Company is focussed on increasing its production and exploration success to build minable gold inventories within its prospective large tenement holdings.
The operation consists of two mining leases and has 670 square kilometres of exploration tenure which is known to be one of the most exciting and unexplored terrains in Victoria covering the Walhalla to Woods Point dyke swarm with historic gold production totalling in excess of 6 million ounces of gold.
Morning Star gold mine employs a hand-held room and pillar mining method with rail and carts to move ore to surface using a winder and shaft hoisting facility. A gravity gold processing plant consisting of crushers, screens, conveyors, an inline pressure jig, centrifugal concentrator and Gekko spinners. Together with a paste fill plant, water treatment plant, core shed, offices and workshop are efficiently located within a small footprint in the Woods Point township. All tailings are disposed underground. Employees are catered with meals daily and reside in a variety of accommodation options in Woods Point within walking distance to the mine.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will supervise the processing plant and support your team members including optimising and leading operational improvements to maximise profitability. Deputising as the General Manager from time to time in their absence, your role is safety focused, team orientated and able to drive and influence decisions and planning to achieve results in line with operational targets.
Key Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Supervise and manage the safe and environmentally conscious operation of the processing plant.
- Provide leadership to both plant operational and maintenance teams.
- Contribute to metallurgical accounting.
- Identify, assess, problem solve, execute and report to relevant parties operational and technical problems and concerns to minimise impact on operations and maximise profitability.
- Liaise with stakeholders from other departments such as metallurgy, maintenance, mining and environmental personnel.
- Lead the continuous improvement of the processing plant by employing industry best practice to change management.
- Lead performance and improvement changes by reviewing downtime trends and generating solutions for reoccurring problems in the plant.
- Reviewing wear rates of mechanical parts and implement improvements.
- Lead and grow the maintenance planning and scheduling of the plant with maintenance personnel.
- Assist in developing inventory and critical spares within scheduled and preventative maintenance planning.
The position will be offered either residential or drive-in/drive-out working 9 days on, 5 days roster or 5 days on 2 days off, 4 days on 3 days off, Mon-Fri roster from anywhere in Victoria.
You are an experienced enthusiastic and proactive, with a high regard for safe work practices and standards, able to build close relationships within your team and other stakeholders. Driving results, focused on continuous improvement as well as being able to influence others with your practical tactical and strategic thinking will ensure maximum profitability.
This position represents a fantastic opportunity to be part of a skilled and committed team that are dedicated to increasing performance, safety and excellence as well as taking charge of your own career development with the support of experienced management onsite.
Preferably you will have a relevant degree in Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy however as the role is process operationally focused. Consideration will be given to those who ideally have or can demonstrate the following:
- Australian Vehicle Drivers Licence
- Extensive experience as a Processing Superintendent/Manager
- Experience in gold metallurgical accounting processes and systems
- Exposure to Gekko processing plants and in line pressure jigs
- Previous experience in mineral processing would be advantageous
Interested in Applying
You must have the right to live and work in Australia and willing to reside in Victoria if offered the position.
We are looking forward to hearing from you as we are looking for the ideal candidate to start as soon as possible.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs.