Perth Metronet Project, Brand new project at the ground level, Permanent Role with Competitive Salary.
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We have been awarded a contract to deliver for Western Australias $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to join the Operations team for our Metronet project.
This role will define and validate the detailed manufacturing process & documents for the Electrical shop and Assembly line scope of the project. The Electrical Engineer will perform industrial documentation for the project, define industrial master data and set the manufacturing method time. In serial phase, your will be an integral part of the team to drive continuous improvement actions and industrialize product and process changes.
The key responsibilities of this role will evolve throughout the life of the project from design, manufacturing to maintenance.
Key responsiblities during design phase:
- Participate to product design reviews for Engineerng solutions, installation process and for identifying manufacturing risks.
- Provide cotation to Product Manufacturing team for business case comparison.
- Perform ERP routings, Work Instructions, Inspection Instructions. And this ensuring good EHS and ergonomic conditions.
- Manage Electrical jig board drawings & Electrical manufacturing documentation for Production.
- Validate Electrical documentation with Production.
- Arrange validation activities nd documentation with Production team and others stakeholders.
- Confirm Standard Time define by Product Manufacturing Engineering Team.
- Assist with Engineering Changes and provide related industrial impacts.
Key responsiblities after serial Go:
- Industrialize retrofit after engineering changes: Routings, Work Instructions, and tooling.
- Support Production with problem solving and to achieve manufacturing Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives.
- Define repair process for non quality and provide support to Production team for implementing corrective action.
- Participate to continuous improvement workshops. (Ex: SWIP)
- Contribute to industrial REX on manufacturing processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required include:
- Qualified Electrical Engineer or Industrial & System Engineer
- Extensive experience in manufacturing engineering, writing manufacturing work instructions, and line balancing
- Software and systems knowledge with SolidWorks, 3D, CAD and SAP
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma methodology is advantageous
- Proven working knowledge of detailed time analysis and of value stream mapping process.
The role will be based in our Perth CBD office initially and move to our brand new Bellevue facility by mid 2021.
We have a lot on offer for our employees and this is a very exciting time to be joining our project. This is a unique opportunity in Perth that is not to be missed.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required.