Attractive remuneration package with bonus incentives, Opportunity to manage prestigious Clients, Collaborative and enjoyable working environment.
Shangri-La Construction is a Melbourne based construction company that specialises in architecturally-designed houses, multi-unit sites, apartments with basements as well as boutique commercial offices with a strong focus on the Bay area. We are moving from strength to strength and looking for great people to be part of the journey!
We value and support our first class team so they can produce their best work at all times.
About the Role.
As Assistant Site Manager, you will be responsible for the progress and safety of onsite sub-contractors on a day to day basis and ensuring the smooth running of the construction program to keep production at the highest level. You will be a driven individual to deliver on time and on budget with zero injuries.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all site based activities
- Scheduling of works, procurement materials where required
- Management of Trades onsite
- Managing construction programs
- Induction and safety analysis
- Sub-contractor selection & supervision
- General site management
- Valuing & instilling OH&S
Skills and Experience:
- Background in Commercial and/or residential construction and managing projects - basement exposure highly desirable.
- Sound Victorian experience, strong OH&S and the ability to drive the project through to handover on time and within budget
- Ability to liaise with people at every stage of the project including trades, clients, consultants and colleagues.
- A strong understanding of all facets of the trades and effective management of subcontractors
- Take ownership and responsibility of projects, be level headed
- Ability to inspire and motivate your team, consultants and sub-contractors
- An Ability to hit the ground running with optimism.
- Attractive remuneration package with bonus incentives
- Opportunity to manage prestigious Clients
- Collaborative and enjoyable working environment
- Frequent get-togethers
Shangri-La merges professionalism with family values. We are a driven group of professionals, dedicated in providing a great product. Equally we celebrate our hard work and reward dedication. We look for staff that are open, honest as well as solution focused and interested in projects from inception to handover.
Please note only Short-listed candidates will be called for interview, with a view to start within 2 weeks. 2 relevant work related references will be required at interview.
If you believe you have what it takes we would love to hear from you!