Based in Moorabbin, Victoria, Promote apprenticeship career pathways via community and secondary schools, Attractive salary incl. motor vehicle, mobile and laptop.
Community & School Liaison Officer Vic-Tas
Australian Brick & Blocklaying Training Foundation Ltd (ABBTF)
- Based in Moorabbin, Victoria
- Work in an industry that promotes career pathways through apprenticeship employment
- You must have proven experience in a similar role
- Attractive salary with motor vehicle, mobile and laptop.
The Company Established in 2007, ABBTF is a non-for-profit organisation, funded by a small training contribution on the sale of clay bricks and concrete masonry and a matching contribution from participating clay brick and concrete block manufacturers.
Working with a small team, our main goal is to help support young Australians build a career in the building and construction industry starting with an apprenticeship in brick and blocklaying. Currently there is a skill shortage of qualified brick and blocklayers and it is our job to close that gap.
The Position You will have ample opportunity to grow and further develop your knowledge of the industry through this hands-on role educating students, teachers, career advisors and parents on the value of the Certificate III Bricklaying/Blocklaying qualification and the many and varied career pathways that this qualification leads to, including becoming a builder.
For you, this also means attending expos and events, networking at secondary schools and via parent/teacher information sessions, liaising with Australian Apprenticeship Support Networks, Registered Training Organisations, Government departments, brick and block manufacturers and other key stakeholders.
Your dynamic, bubbly and outgoing personality, along with your passion to make a difference will ensure your success in this role reporting directly to the National Manager.
The Perfect Candidate
- Self-motivated and adapt well to an ever-changing environment
- Ethical, honest, reliable, punctual
- Great problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the VET sector and/or secondary school system
- Excellent Office 365 skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous experience using a CRM
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Excellent attitude and positive nature
- Hold a valid drivers licence
- Working with children and white card
- Some flexibility of hours to work the occasional evening/weekends and a small amount of regional travel
- Maintain focus and deliver results.
Salary Package Includes a competitive salary, 9.5% superannuation, motor vehicle, mobile phone, laptop and training and development opportunities.
Include a cover letter along with your Resume/CV which will address how your skills and experience meet the criteria above and why you would be the right person for the job.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 16 April 2021