Digital communications role, Leading Melbourne medical research institute, 12-month role, with possibility of extension.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Communications and Marketing team at WEHI in a contract role, with a possibility of extension.
In this newly created, diverse role, you will be a key member of the Communications team, working across digital and offline channels to enhance public understanding of WEHI and supporting some internal communications activities.
The Communications Coordinator will assist in developing and promoting high-quality communication materials such as website content, social media content, EDM, multimedia, internal communications and other collateral. The position will assist with: media, digital and social media monitoring; developing and delivering engagement activities; evaluation and reporting; and providing support across the Communications and Marketing team.
The successful appointee will have a tertiary qualification in communications, public relations or marketing, and the demonstrated ability to develop engaging digital content and plans to enhance public visibility of WEHI and its achievements.
The role will suit a motivated person with an interest in contributing to WEHIs commitment to bring together brightest minds to innovate and collaborate to help people live healthier for longer.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge and skills
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant experience in communications, public relations or marketing.
- Experience in using website content management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to produce written content (social media content, website content, publications, articles, letters, media releases) and multimedia to meet target audience needs.
- Demonstrated ability to support the development and execution of communications plans.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure in a team environment to meet deadlines.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in using social media (publishing, content creation and platforms) to promote a professional organisation.
- Experience in using creative software packages such as Adobe Photoshop and basic video editing skills.
Terms of appointment
This position is available for 12 months in a full time capacity. Salary is HEW 5 ($70,971-$81,520). Up to 17% superannuation and very attractive salary packaging options are available.
A position description is available.
How to apply
Please email your application including cover letter, CV
Application closing date: 14 April 2021
WEHI Brighter together
WEHI is where the worlds brightest minds collaborate and innovate to make discoveries that will help us to live healthier for longer. Our medical researchers have been serving the community for more than 100 years. We bring together people with different skills and experience who are committed to long-term discovery. Our teams of researchers are committed to solving the most complex health problems, making transformative discoveries for cancer, infectious and immune diseases, develop ental disorders and healthy ageing.
WEHI is a place where people are able to shine. People who are inquisitive, who are committed, who are passionate. People who want to make a difference. And we are committed to ensuring they have the tools to flourish, personally and professionally.
We are a community of researchers, students and professional service staff who work towards achieving discoveries that improve human health. We are driven by collaboration, curiosity and creativity. We are committed to making a positive difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world. We are WEHI. We are brighter together.
At WEHI we strive to ensure our staff and students enjoy a great working environment. We value diversity and gender equity in our work force and promote flexible working arrangements for staff to balance working requirements and personal needs. We have implemented a number of gender equity initiatives to support women laboratory heads.