Full-time time position available, Based at Mercy Place Lynbrook, Attractive hourly rate plus salary packaging benefits.Mercy Place - Lynbrook
Permanent Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Full-time time position available
- Responsible for on-going repairs and preventative maintenance of building, plant, equipment and furniture.
- Assist with identifying and actioning health and safety issues to provide a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- Work with local team to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times for residents, visitors and staff.
- Conduct preventative maintenance checks and carry out physical inspections of the workplace /site and report accordingly.
- A good organiser who has the skills to deal with the various maintenance issues as the arise.
- Ability to work with contractors - has some understanding of HVAC systems, Essential services, Building 9C regulations.
- Able to work with other staff in problem solving concerns that may involve maintenance or have other contributing factors.
- Always open to suggestions / ideas & most importantly a team Player.
- Apply themselves to hands-on to tasks including maintenance touch ups and basic repairs to equipment.
- Ensuring all reactive maintenance jobs are recorded appropriately
- Building and assets recorded & updated accordantly.
- An understanding of the importance of reporting daily, weekly, monthly checks.
Trade Qualification is desirable or extensive experience in residential aged highly regarded.
- Ability to perform basic building & equipment maintenance, painting & handyman duties.
- Contractor management experience in the following areas; HVAC, fire, electrical & plumbing.
- Ability to operate computer at a basic level – able to use outlook, internet explorer, word & excel.
- Current driver’s license & up to date National Police Check are essential.
- Knowledge of OH&S standards and regulatory maintenance frameworks relating to residential aged care.
- A positive can do attitude
- Current Victorian driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of Work Health and Safety standards and regulatory maintenance frameworks relating to residential aged care.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
Applications Close: 15/04/2021